Mail clients/ Mailbird or Outlook or Windows embebed app

Discussion in 'Office and Communications' started by Aktiffiso, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Aktiffiso

Aktiffiso Level 6

Aug 24, 2013
    Hi i want to ask you. Now i take a time to changue my passwords, check my accounts and mantain my passwords. But i want to know about mail clients. In this times are really useful?, Are a security risk? If i have my mail password stored in a password manager . Using a mail client are insecure?

Now i recently use mailbird is a real good software but i think
    If store passwords in browser are unsecure Store mail passwords in mail clients are unsecure too
    What do you think?
    The paranoid one likes this.
  2. Tiny

Tiny Level 2

Dec 29, 2016
    Windows 10
    With something like Thunderbird you can have complete control of how your mail is handled and can choose to input your passwords from Keepass or KeepassXC if you wished?
  3. VeeekTor

VeeekTor Level 5

May 16, 2017
    Windows 10
    I agree with this... Also you can try what I use. Incredimail 2.0 (don't use the new version)
    The paranoid one and Tiny like this.
  4. jackuars

jackuars Level 22

Jul 2, 2014
    Among the free mail clients that I've used which are many......

I've found eMClient to be the best in terms of the features. The only restriction here is that the free version allows only 2 accounts.

Inky might be the most intuitive mail client I've seen. It's pretty sleek.

Thunderbird is another good one that is totally free and has a wide array of features. So it's a good alternative to eMClient if you use more than 2 accounts.

MailBird is good and has a pretty nice interface but it's Search function is pretty bad.
  5. Aktiffiso

Aktiffiso Level 6

Aug 24, 2013
    I have mailbird licence and outlook 2016 . My principal concern is ¿Did this clients compromise security?
  6. shmu26

shmu26 Level 57

Jul 3, 2015
    Windows 10
    Webmail is intrinsically more secure because most of the time you are opening attachments in the web interface and not on your system.
    As soon as attachments are downloaded to your system, there is a security risk involved.

Mailbird is nice, as email clients go, but it has a bug that it does not download heavy attachments, even if you set it to download everything. It will skip the heavy attachments no matter what you do.
  7. Aktiffiso

Aktiffiso Level 6

Aug 24, 2013
    Sorry the deelay . Now are possible open in one window of web browser all my outlook accounts and in other all my gmail accounts?
  8. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52

Aug 2, 2015
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    If you are ok with a Paid mail program MailBird is the best to run with (I have a lifetime key)
    If free is more your style eM Client is the best free client I have used.
    frogboy and The paranoid one like this.
  9. nastavnikhe

nastavnikhe Level 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Windows 10
    And what do you think about the paid version of the eM Client?
    frogboy and The paranoid one like this.
  10. Nylas free is really amazing.
    I use it on Linux and Windows. It's nice, easy, it hasn't account limitations. I think if you try this email client you will love it
    frogboy likes this.
  11. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 Level 3

Aug 5, 2012
    Mailbird for all accounts joined under the same roof for usability.
    frogboy likes this.
  • About Us

Our community has been around since 2010, and we pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds about security and technology . We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.
  • Need Malware Removal Help?

If you're being redirected from a site you’re trying to visit, seeing constant pop-up ads, unwanted toolbars or strange search results, your computer may be infected with malware. We offer free malware removal assistance to our members in the Malware Removal Assistance forum.
  • Quick Tip

Without meaning to, you may click a link that installs malware on your computer. To keep your computer safe, only click links and downloads from sites that you trust. Don’t open any unknown file types, or download programs from pop-ups that appear in your browser.