Operating system
Windows 11
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
I have ReHIPS installed and I use mainly for Internet browsing and for LibreOffice applications.
Comodo Internet Security Pro
Windows Defender.
I also use Windows Controlled Folders to protect the external backup drives.
HitmanPro Alert (one month trial)

Shadow Defender
WiseVector StopX
Firewall security
About custom security
Comodo Internet Security's firewall is complemented by Windows Defender is complemented by Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control.
SimpleWindowsHardening
ConfigureDefender
Periodic malware scanners
Comodo Internet Security
Windows Defender
WiseVector StopX
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox browser with
uBlock Origin
DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
Maintenance tools
None.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Home
GoodSync
CrashPlan for Business
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Home image backup of C drive.
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Dell Inspiron 5482 2-in-1
Intel i7 8565U
Intel Graphics
8 GB RAM
256 GB SSD
Four external drives one of which is for data and the other three for backups.
Notable changes
Updated Account Type.
16 Sep 2020 - Added HitmanPro Alert (one month trial).
20 Sep 2020 - Added Shadow Defender
22 Sep 2020 - Uninstalled HitManPro Alert
24 Sep 2020 - Reinstalled HitManPro Alert
10 October 2020 - Uninstalled ReHIPS
10 October 2020 - Installed Comodo Internet Security Pro
10 October 2020 - Updated configuration by noting that I use SimpleWindowsHardening and ConfigureDefender and my default search engine is DuckDuckGo
14 October 2020 - Uninstalled HitmanPro Alert
25 October 2020 - Installed WiseVector StopX

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I hope that this is the right place to open this discussion. If not, perhaps the Moderator(s) could move it as appropriate.
I'm thinking about making the following changes to my configuration.

Uninstall: ReHIPS
HitManPro Alert (currently taking advantage of the one month trial)

Install: Comodo Internet Security Complete (currently it's the same price as the Pro, but has more features).
I would use the Cruel Sister's settings that I have seen mentioned many times.

I would like to maintain some sort of protection like ReHIPS, but I understand that Comodo's auto-containment may be sufficient and I would not need to also enable its HIPS.

In addition to the above I shall continue using Shadow Defender, but not all the time.

Lastly, what should I do about my firewall? I use Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control (Binisoft), Simple Windows Hardening and ConfigureDefender (at Max setting).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Why did you buy Comodo Internet Security Complete?
What are those extra features?
CS setting were done on the free version but can of course also be done on the paid version.
I think that if you use Comodo for firewall there is no more need for Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control.
Using two kinds of firewall needlessly complicates things.
Interesting discussion and looking forward to other replies (y)
Edit: don't forget to update your config.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
Why did you buy Comodo Internet Security Complete?
What are those extra features?
Thank you for your comments. I'll update my config as soon as and if I make any changes.

I haven't actually bought Comodo, but I'm considering it. The extra features that I saw after a brief comparison with the pro version is that the "complete" version has Trust Connect and online storage plus a higher celing for the virus-free guarantee. Anyway, as I wrote the price appears to be the same for the two programs.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I'm settling down to using Comodo Internet Security and I added WiseVector StopX for additional protection.
Based on what I read at Wilders, CruelSister is apparently taking an interest in WVSX and that's good news!

I'm taking a minimal approach to security so that I'll try to understand what's going on.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I used Comodo Firewall with CS settings for nearly a year and a half till version (Windows ) 1903. I tried again to use it with the latest version of Windows 20H2 and Windows Defender . I got a frozen computer twice in a week. I installed F-Secure on October 20 then a few days later SpyShelter and so far so good. I have a lifetime license of SpyShelter Premium so....I did not activate all the modules in SS, just the ones to complement my antivirus.

Last edited:

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
As it happens I haven't had the go ahead yet from Microsoft to install Windows 20H2. I'm hoping that the delay in making it available for my system is a sign of good news to come. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.