Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft revealed last year that it was planning two major Windows 10 updates for 2017. After shipping its Creators Update recently, the next major release will arrive in September. Microsoft is now committing to what it calls a “predictable twice-per-year” feature release schedule for Windows 10. Future updates will arrive in March or September each year, and Microsoft says each feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months.
Source: Microsoft will now release major Windows 10 updates every March and September

Expect Redstone 3 Features to be announced next month.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This could be very good for home users, but on the other hand I'm not too sure about high end business. If there is an major update that needs to be release to fix some security issue or whatever comes up they have to wait till March, or this case September. Long time to wait for business to get updates.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I voted "possibly"
Seems better than once a year i guess?
But.... i'm weary about bugs and issues, where as once a year gives MS time to iron out the bugs!
Hope that makes sense???

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Who wouldn't want free upgrades pushing new features and fixes. If you don't want them just postpone them and you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.