ESET Smart Security 8, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro, HerdProtect, Zemana Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browsers: firefox, opera, tor
Extensions: WOT, uBlock Origin, HTTPS everywhere, Self Destruct Cookies, MEGA, au-revoir-utm and IDM extension
Maintenance tools
Temp File Cleaner By Old Timer

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Great config. Very solid, thanks for sharing. :)

Just curious: You have checked 'built it browser' password manager, Is it Firefox that you save your passwords in? If yes, then Do you use Master Password in Firefox? Why not use dedicated password managers (free or paid) that are available out there?

I like to suggest a FF addon Master Password + Its a great addon, it strengthens the inbuilt master password ability of firefox. I have used it for years before i started using sticky password.

malis2007

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2016
Simple but pretty safe with that config.

just wondering why you not use Chrome?
I got used to Firefox.. (Just Personal preferences)

Strong configuration, all layers are covered.
Do you use Emsisoft in freeware scanner mode ?
freeware scanner mode :) I run a scan once a week with it and hitmanpro
Great config. Very solid, thanks for sharing. :)

Just curious: You have checked 'built it browser' password manager, Is it Firefox that you save your passwords in? If yes, then Do you use Master Password in Firefox? Why not use dedicated password managers (free or paid) that are available out there?

I like to suggest a FF addon Master Password + Its a great addon, it strengthens the inbuilt master password ability of firefox. I have used it for years before i started using sticky password.
Thanks for your suggestion.. And no I don't use master password.. I clear my browser logs every time before closing it manually :)

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

you have u block origin , so there is no need for admuncher , the reason for this is that its outdated software ;)

Reactions: malis2007

malis2007

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2016
Suggest these:

Skype ad blocker Watch out when installing, they bundle with one or two crapware but it is solid.
Self Destructing cookies.
Zemana Antimalware For On-Demand Scans.
Ghostery to Block Trackers.
VoodooShield.
Tiny Wall - Windows Firewall Control...
Thanks for your suggestions. But as for Skype.. Ad Muncher is light-weight and blocks all ads except those with HTTPS(and I am fine with that.. As long as an AD is bothered to implement a secure connection.. It's unlikely for him to harm me) as for the self destructing cookies.. I got used to clear the logs manually, and it would take long for me to change this habit. Zemana anti-malware would be considered.. But as for ghostery, the lesser the add-ons the better.. I guess that ublock origin and HTTPS Everywhere do smiliar action.. And as firewall, ESET is enough for me.. And my laptop is personal with both user and admin account protected with password.. Always in my room locked with a key.. If anyone from my family wanted to use my laptop with either my permission or not, I have nothing to hide :)

S

Smith83

Ad Muncher is light-weight and blocks all ads except those with HTTPS(and I am fine with that..

The program I suggested only adds this to your host file. It does not run, if you know how to edit your host file then you could just do that.

127.0.0.2 apps.skype.com

The self destructing cookies and Ghostery have Zero impact on speed. Your choice, I was only making suggestions.

malis2007

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2016
The program I suggested only adds this to your host file. It does not run, if you know how to edit your host file then you could just do that.

127.0.0.2 apps.skype.com

The self destructing cookies and Ghostery have Zero impact on speed. Your choice, I was only making suggestions.
Thanks, will add it manually to the host file right away! :D

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
excellent configuration
I use ESET Smart Security 9 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, will also begin using Emsisoft Anti-Malware
My question is: Emsisoft Anti-Malware is paid, can I use it as I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, just for scanning?
Or so you'll have to pay to use this idea?
another question: Use the Emsisoft Anti-Malware and ESET SS can give conflict?
Utitlizo ESET SS and not of comflito as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is only for weekly scanning.
Hope u understand that :)
I used Google Translator
Thank you :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Consider to have system image snapshots to revert any cjanges anytime besides of havig a copy of important files to HDD.. Otherthan that its already a fine configuration.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.