Malware Analysis Videos

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I'm thinking of starting up a YouTube account with videos dedicated to malware analysis....

A lot of people on here do reviews of antivirus software which I really love to watch, but it seems not many people review the viruses themselves, certainly not in any analytical detail. Anyway I've seen a few of you wanting try out Sandboxie etc so thought perhaps there might be some interest :)

I used to run a malware analysis course once before, teaching people how to analyse everything from Binary files, to PDF exploits to macro viruses (from days gone by) and online exploit code too (for example malicious javascript unpacking), analysing malicious flash file and java drive by. Would probably include some android app analysis too if there was interest :D

Anyway just another crazy idea of mine

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Thanks again everyone for the support, has given me the boost I need to start working on these videos right away :D

And thanks for the advice @OpenSecLabs, they'll certainly have a unique flavour to them, some say it's a good thing, others hate it but it's just the way I can't help but infuse things with my personality :p

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
@Cowpipe
Please let us know when the first video is finished :)
And let us know if we can help you somehow.
i.e. We can provide some samples or help you translating subtitles ... ;)

Reactions: Oxygen and Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Thanks again guys for the support! I'll be doing this now for sure ;)

@Cowpipe
Please let us know when the first video is finished :)
And let us know if we can help you somehow.
i.e. We can provide some samples or help you translating subtitles ... ;)

I'll definitely post up here when I've got a video online, have to get my analysis environment back up and running again so within the next few days with a bit of luck :) It would be great to take requests for samples to be analysed and any help in translating subtitles is always welcome, thanks very much! :D

Reactions: PVA_BR

looda

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 11, 2014
will i do not know how viruses work so i think i am going to learn something here its great idea :)

Reactions: Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
First video coming later today, going to go through some of the basic tools of malware analysis and reverse engineering and maybe teach you all a little something along the way :p Will post it up to this thread when it's ready and any feedback good or bad would be fantastic :) Thanks to all of you for the support, has made me very excited for my first video!

Reactions: PVA_BR and xxtoss23

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.