Malware attacked: Action Center, Defender, Security Center (non-existing)

LOVIRUS

New Member
Hi and Good Day,
My device had been infected since last eek, 9 January 2019 due to downloading an infected software.
As my partition of recovery media was not available/deleted, i downloaded an ISO image of Windows 8.1 from Microsoft and used it (USB).
I did a Restore point from January 6, 2019 and the symptoms started:

Windows Defender wont start
Action Center (seems active, but wont open and an error pop ups)
Security Center (seems to be non-existing)
Windows Update wont run
Also I can't adjust my brightness levels its unavailable

I tried some remedy from the net as to fix the following from regedit.exe, services.msc, sfc / scannow, DISM, malwarebytes and I also re-installed Windows 8.1 from the USB twice,
this is because my system was the same, and i concluded that this is because my Sync Settings was on. And so i created another microsoft account on the 2nd re-install
but All didn't accomplished the desired output.
 

Attachments

  • Addition.txt
    Addition.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    FRST.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
  • As I tried to Open Action Center.png
    As I tried to Open Action Center.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 4
  • As I Start Defender.png
    As I Start Defender.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hello,


FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top