malware Avira Safe Search Plus chrome extension

damimilano

Thread author
Jul 6, 2019
Recently I installed Avira free antivirus for 2 days. after that I uninstalled it, but now problem is with its extension Avira Safe search plus. I have removed it from my chrome browser so many times. but still it is showing in chrome every time and giving option of enable or remove. Every time I removed but whenever I restart my browser it is there. I thoroughly uninstalled but i dont how it automatically get installed without any permission. how to reomove it? It is very annoying.
i use
- Malwarebytes
-adwcleaner
- i deleted the Avira Safe Search Plus folders from Chrome extension folder by navigating to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
The Avira extension ID should be: ipmkfpcnmccejididiaagpgchgjfajgp

the malware is PUP.OPTIONAL.MAIL.RU and PUP.OPTIONAL.LEGACY for avira

log adwcleaner

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S13].txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.