Malware Blocker Security Setup

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good!
What version of KIS are you running? 2017?
With KIS & VoodooShield running in real time you are more than covered.
Personally I would use ZAL as on demand as I have a similar setup and use ZAL as on demand.
You could probably remove Spybot & Malware Hunter from your on demand scanners.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Hi!

I like your confing but there are some things which I would change.
First of all I don't see the point of using two adblockers and the second thing is Spybot - I would rather remove it as it's rather weak compared to the rest of your on demand tools.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
zemana is recently complained for having 2 persistently working .sys files in drivers folder which can slow down the system or do something shady. They persist even after we completely terminate the processes
I suggest you can whitelist them so KIS may use a bit less resource (C:\windows/system32/drivers/zamguard64.sys and zam64.sys)
Or you can get rid of ZAL. KIS + VS are more than enough
those files would still work after uninstalling all zemana products

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Looks good!
What version of KIS are you running? 2017?
With KIS & VoodooShield running in real time you are more than covered.
Personally I would use ZAL as on demand as I have a similar setup and use ZAL as on demand.
You could probably remove Spybot & Malware Hunter from your on demand scanners.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Sorry for the late reply I've only just checked the responses :) Yes I'm using KIS 2017 & I agree that KIS & VoodooShield is enough and I could just use ZAL as a demand scanner, that isn't a bad idea. I also do plan on removing the two demand scanners you have listed. Thanks for reading!

Hi!

I like your confing but there are some things which I would change.
First of all I don't see the point of using two adblockers and the second thing is Spybot - I would rather remove it as it's rather weak compared to the rest of your on demand tools.
Technically there's no need to use two adblockers but I AdGuard does block some malicious links which is why it's there. And I will be removing Spybot soon. Thanks for reading!

Good setup nothing else I suggest remove spybot, as the other members have mentioned, thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for reading :)

Thanks to everyone who has read the setup/config & also thanks for all the recommendations :D

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Update: Added MalwareBytes V3 Premium:

upload_2016-12-14_21-39-27.png

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Newest update to config:

MB Config.PNG

Real Time Protection:

KIS 2017 - Max Settings
VoodooShield Pro - Edited Settings
Zemana Anti-Logger - Edited Settings
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Premium - Max Settings
Cyberreason RansomFree
MBR Filter

I will hopefully stay safe :D

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Latest Real Time Protection Config:

Emsisoft Internet Security - Switched from Kaspersky
VoodooShield
HitmanPro.Alert
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Version 3

Demand Scanners:

All of the above (apart from VoodooShield) & Zemana Anti-Logger

Backup:

Comodo Backup - Weekly Backups

Password Manager:

KeePass 2.0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.