• Start date

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Seems nice! Thanks for sharing! I only don't approve optimising programs.. In my opinion, doing a clean install of windows, and removing useless programs from startup is fine to have a fast pc. I personally would keep only ccleaner

M

Malware Blocker Youtube

Thread author
Seems nice! Thanks for sharing! I only don't approve optimising programs.. In my opinion, doing a clean install of windows, and removing useless programs from startup is fine to have a fast pc. I personali would keep only ccleaner
I haven't been using them much recently but Ccleaner, CleanMaster & Glary Utilities are amazing programs. I actually prefer CleanMaster to Ccleaner but hardly anyone knows about it.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I haven't been using them much recently but Ccleaner, CleanMaster & Glary Utilities are amazing programs. I actually prefer CleanMaster to Ccleaner but hardly anyone knows about it.
ccleaner with ccenhancer + "only delete files in windows temp folders older than 24 hours" unchecked may clean more than cleanmaster. I'm very afraid of cleanmaster because of its invasiveness
I use Ccleaner with ccenhancer + privazer portable

btw, you dont need to install zemana AL because you already have voodooshield

M

Malware Blocker Youtube

Thread author
ccleaner with ccenhancer + "only delete files in windows temp folders older than 24 hours" unchecked may clean more than cleanmaster. I'm very afraid of cleanmaster because of its invasiveness
I use Ccleaner with ccenhancer + privazer portable

btw, you dont need to install zemana AL because you already have voodooshield
I actually use Ccenhancer too but forgot to mention it & also the problem with Ccleaner is that it doesn't clean Vivaldi's files (my browser) but then again neither does CleanMaster. But when I do a Ccleaner scan it removes about 20-50 MB whereas CleanMaster gets rid of 250 MB - 2GB of files.

Also yes I probably don't need Zemana Anti-Logger but I think it would still be awesome to have :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice config!Thanks for sharing it with us:)
CCleaner & Privazer have always been more than enough IMO.Have tried Clean Master on Android but never PC.
On demand I would prefer MBAM,ZAM,ESET Online Scanner and or EEK.I would replace Glarysoft Malware Hunter & IOBit Malware Hunter
KIS 2017 & VoodooShield is more than enough IMO.I use that combination myself on a couple PC's.

M

Malware Blocker Youtube

Thread author
Nice config!Thanks for sharing it with us:)
CCleaner & Privazer have always been more than enough IMO.Have tried Clean Master on Android but never PC.
On demand I would prefer MBAM,ZAM,ESET Online Scanner and or EEK.I would replace Glarysoft Malware Hunter & IOBit Malware Hunter
KIS 2017 & VoodooShield is more than enough IMO.I use that combination myself on a couple PC's.
Thanks & sounds awesome :) I don't use Malware Hunter/Malware Fighter much - never for realtime protection just occasional scans.

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
Great config. I would suggest that you uninstall iobit malware fighter and spybot Search and Destroy, because you have enough ondemand scanners.
However I like your realtime combination very much :)

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I would replace adblock with ublock origin, and would get rid of iobit mf. It's kind of pointless when you have all of that other stuff. Also get rid of clean master, if you have ccleaner why would you keep clean master, besides they sell your data.

P

PEllis

Thread author
As others have said, you should get rid of IMF. It's pretty much useless without the Bitdefender engine. Same with Spybot. Malware Hunter is free and has the option to include the Avira engine, so I think you should keep it. I know some on Wilders Security like MH.

M

Malware Blocker Youtube

Thread author
Thanks for all the replies everyone :) I have now added Zemana Anti-Logger just as a backup & I am going to remove IOBit Malware Fighter & possibly SpyBot S&D...However, I'm not going to remove Clean Master since it has proven to be more effective for me personally than Ccleaner. Although both are great applications...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have a little suggestion
- remove kaspersky extension, no need if you already have KIS
- remove adblock plus, leave adguard alone

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
> *Hoping to install Zemana Anti-Logger soon!

My recommendation: Don't bother.

The problem conflicts with Kaspersky. You are better off with just Zemana Antimalware free (if you really want then the premium version as well)

I have a little suggestion
- remove kaspersky extension, no need if you already have KIS
- remove adblock plus, leave adguard alone
Like he already stated the extension comes with KIS.
But I do agree with your suggestion to remove Adblock Plus. There's really no need for it if you already have Adguard.

Btw, are you using KIS and CIS on the same machine? Don't they conflict?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very strong configuration although in such eyes of others, definitely little overkill.

Well KIS should be enough at all; honestly you can tweak Application Control for better blocking capabilities and limiting the exposure on the system.

Or why not use Voodoshield alone alongside CIS sandbox? .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.