Malware, EMP's and NUKES, in that order

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I used to think that the so-called "antichrist" might be Obama's successor; Obama is like Nicholas II, the one that wrecks stability, thus paving the way for Lenin/Trotsky and Stalin, and the ensuing civil war. But with Europe having such a stronghold on the anti-malware market in light of computers running EVERYTHING, I lean towards the EU's last top dog being the son of perdition.

The Black Hand, a Serbian fascist nationalist group that hailed from the Balkans, assassinated arch duke Francis Ferdinand (Hapsburg Dynasty, i.e. Austria-Hungary) just prior to WWI when he was inspecting a military base in Bosnia. That was likely the primary ignition for WWI. Social Darwinism and Austrians/Germans that scoffed at Slavs and other races encroaching prior to WWI are also sound explanations for WWI manifesting, in my opinion. In light of that, I wonder if Al-Qaeda in America will attempt to assassinate Putin, while the Chechnya variety will try to do the same type of deed in the U.S.A.? Then you have the nightmare scenario: Malware>EMP's>Nukes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
have no idea what youre talking about ... :)
never liked studying history, i believe life is much simpler than that...

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I also meant to point out that WWII is just an extension of WWI. That widely shared view by historians has the Versailles Treaty written all over it. Keep in mind that 60,000,000 people perished directly, and indirectly as a result of WWII, and 10's of millions of casualties as well. That kind of loss of life is unprecedented in pre-20th century Earth (as far as what man can do goes), less extinction level events such as what happened in the Ordovician period, etc., when there were no humans around.

Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
i believe life is much simpler than that

That is what air conditioning, technology, TV, video games, mind alterers, and corrupt leaders telling us that everything is ok, as long as they are in power, does to us. History repeats itself. The current repetition happens to involve nukes all over the globe, mass media, computers running everything from weapons systems to climate control, corporations that are more powerful and wealthy that most nations in history, malware, population explosions, unprecedented infrastructure reliance, and a few other things that were not in existence when history repeated itself prior to 75-120 years ago.

It is also important to note that triggers for WWI increased exponentially in the years prior to WWII, with the exception of Ferdinand being assassinated, obviously.

Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I hope you are right woomera, but eventually IT WILL hit the fan, but hopefully not in our lifetimes.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Nevertheless, there is a strong consensus among historians and eye-witnesses that Hitler's popularity soared in the early years of his regime as he delivered on his economic promises of eliminating unemployment, stabilizing the currency domestically while at the same time ripping up the humiliating and hated Versailles Treaty with impunity. Hitler's popularity then fell during the tensions leading up to the Sudeten Crisis, because the population feared war, but when Hitler again got away with aggression without paying a price, his popularity reached new heights. The same thing repeated itself a year later.

http://valkyrie-plot.com/hitler.html

D

Deleted member 178

nukes will not be used anymore, Neutron bombs are more effective and do not damage infrastructures.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
You make a great point, but I cannot see all these ICBM's and hydrogen bombs resting in there cradles forever. Something has to give. All it takes is for ground forces of a nuclear armed nation to be overrun, a malware disaster, or the potential assassination scenario that I pointed out in the first post. Events of ground forces being overrun was the original intention of nuclear arsenals as we know them. That and Imperialist Japan. And make no mistake about it, if we would have had to invade all of Japan, our ground forces quite possibly could have been overrun because just about every Japanese man, woman and child would have fought to the death. Truman was well aware of that.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
The atomic bomb was dropped on Japan for two reasons(my opinion)
1:To end the war and save allied lives
2:A demonstration of American might towards the Communist Soviet Union(although by that time the Soviet Union had already received the blueprints for the BOMB (courtesy of Klaus Fuchs and other Los Alamos scientists in an act of espionage)

D

Deleted member 178

and i will say:

3- the points 1 & 2 helped (was planned by) Roosevelt to be Re-elected ?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
The Great Depression probably took care of that, as hunger and unemployment, resulting in a disgruntled populous in Germany, aided Hitler's rise. I am not comparing the two of them, I am just saying that people will do about anything, or follow anyone when they and their families are hungry, unemployed and suffering.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
The atomic bomb was dropped on Japan for two reasons(my opinion)
1:To end the war and save allied lives
2:A demonstration of American might towards the Communist Soviet Union(although by that time the Soviet Union had already received the blueprints for the BOMB (courtesy of Klaus Fuchs and other Los Alamos scientists in an act of espionage)

I think so. It was ugly and terrible to have to nuke Japan, but it had to be done. I cannot imagine being in Truman's shoes and having to make that call. Truman was a self-educated (well educated) plow boy that farmed well into his thirties before being thrust into the Senate, VP, and White House. He did not want to be President, but hit bit the bullet and did his duty. Certainly millions more Japanese, and Americans would have perished if not for the strikes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It is noteworthy to mention that the Japanese Emperor saved Japan by halting resistance. If he had not done that after the nuclear strikes, we would have destroyed most of Japan, or dropped nuclear bombs until they gave up. The world would have been even more shocked at Japanese resolve than nukes falling if the Emperor had not stepped in and ended it. They were a formidable enemy if there ever was one.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.