malware error 895-system 32.exe failure

mjg1

Thread author
Sep 3, 2016
I use Windows 10. 2 days ago I got the BSOD error that gave me a number to call. I did, ended the call pretty quickly, called geek squad. I shut down my computer, unplugged it, and when I restarted it I immediately got a bright red(!) screen saying the web site was unsafe, and gave this: chrvb etc. (don't know if it's ok to spell it all out or if it matters). Couldn't get rid of the red screen and looked in my event viewer. Don't know what it means, but in the "last hour" category under 'critical' was this: Event ID 41 Kernel-Power. So then I did a search, found this site, and did everything it said to remove whatever it is. I got nervous when nothing showed up in AdwCleaner, hitman pro, Malwarebytes antimalware and McAfee Livesafe. Came up clean.

So today the same thing happened, different phone# and color screen. I shut down then restarted and the screen is still there. My computer is less than 2 weeks old and I know next to nothing about windows 10. With XP I at least had some knowledge of where to look for things. With 10, I just figured out yesterday how to save a 'favorite'. I still don't know how to open favorites. Ok...irrelevant, I just wanted you to have an idea of my level of knowledge. Please keep that in mind when offering advice.

Thanks, mjg1

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

mjg1

Thread author
Sep 3, 2016
Thanks! I ran Farbar and uploaded both files. Interestingly, the gray(bad) screen hasn't gone away since it appeared today, even though I restarted a few times. Also, Also, when I clicked on the "e" for explorer, the computer opened 4 windows, one after another. Now the screen is gone. Did the Farbar scan get rid of it?

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    133.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    29.6 KB · Views: 2

mjg1

Thread author
Sep 3, 2016
Turned computer on this morning, opened explorer and the gray screen was gone, but a red screen opened with a warning. Closed it, tried again and it was ok. I don't get why it's warning me that "this" website is unsafe...what IS "this" website? Nothing else was open. And it looks legit. If the gray screen appears again, will upload it. Meanwhile I wanted you to see the red screen. Did the files from Farbar give any relevant info?

mjg1

Attachments

• Red screen.png
    Red screen.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.