Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys,
We have added a new forum to our site , it's called Virus Exchange and it's meant to be a resource for security professionals and enthusiasts to share and download the latest online threats.

Because Any links supplied in this forum can be expected to lead to actual live malware, and should be considered dangerous we have decided apart from the obvious warnings to Password protect the forum.
What this means is that the content of this forum isn't available by default (via View New Posts or View Today's Post) if you don't previously enter the password.
In this forum you can share links to malicious downloads or zip folder containing multiple samples, needless to say that if you don't know what you are doing it's best you stay away from this forum.
Any possible damage to a users operating system or personal files from following any of these links is completely the responsibility of the user.

Now the long expected moment .. What's the password...Password is :
Code:
MalwareTips

Enjoy responsibly!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I currently like the forum. Well done on it. so currently have submitted one :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Comodo forums has a forum called Special Permission Boards and only "special members" are able to access them and I think it would be wise if MalwareTips has similar system. The group to access this forum could be mods, super mods and , developers for instance

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That's what I gave as suggestion to Jack.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Interesting. On Wilders I'd hoped to have some type of video review where each user takes their current setup and records setting it up and testing it against a series of pre-picked malicious files and then having a "panel" judge each setup.

The issue was unable to move past the "theory" stage despite moderate support due to some TOS issues (understandably) but perhaps this would work here?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hungry Man said:
Interesting. On Wilders I'd hoped to have some type of video review where each user takes their current setup and records setting it up and testing it against a series of pre-picked malicious files and then having a "panel" judge each setup.
Sure we can do that...but this would mean that each user would have to have installed VM...

@McLovin and Valentin N ... We have added a lot of warnings ,which can't be missed + the forum has a password..it's very hard (if not impossible) for someone to actually stumble upon a thread without knowing what it is...

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Similar to 'Malware Lab forum' at the SafeGroup (Polish) site.
Great idea.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Jack said:
Hungry Man said:
Sure we can do that...but this would mean that each user would have to have installed VM...

@McLovin and Valentin N ... We have added a lot of warnings ,which can't be missed + the forum has a password..it's very hard (if not impossible) for someone to actually stumble upon a thread without knowing what it is...

Okey :) I still think only "special people" should be able to see and have access to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.