Solved Malware problem maybe..maybe not help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam198812

Thread author
May 22, 2013
Im a complete clueless pc stuff realy i'm having some trouble.

everytime i vist one website "thesun.co.uk"(newpaper) the site itself takes me to this other page which is blank just nothing but a square box in the center with a "ok" button saying "warning your vlc media player has serious security bug's please update now" and i get a warning from malwarebyetes telling me it's blocked a malicious threat.

am i the one with some sorta problem here or is it the website?? if it's me what sorta problem and what need's doing? i have done a microsoft malicious software scan which didnt find anything but i'm not sure if that's all i'd need to do if there was a problem.

sam198812

Thread author
May 22, 2013
"hxxp://fundsstone.info/lp.php"

That's the web ad of the pop up it takes me to does that tell you anything??

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello

You may have some potentially unwanted program (PUP) installed and being redirected to these random websites.

Here's the results of the URL you posted: VirusTotal Report 10/47

I've modified the headers of that URL, to prevent others from accidentally clicking.

You can get Malware Removal Help here:
https://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance-for-windows.10/

Upvote 0

sam198812

Thread author
May 22, 2013
I'm in the midle of a exterminate it! full system scan n it's telling me i have 58 scan result's(so far) tracking cookies and a whole bunch of ransomware Bprotector i take it that's the site telling me i need to update this vlc player....strange malwarebyete and the mircosoft mailious software scan's found nothing is this exterminate it! gonna be enough to remove it?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Malwarebytes is a good on-demand scanner, however it can not always detect everything!
You might have some HOSTS file modifications or another piece of malware.
I would advise you to run Adwcleaner and RogueKiller just to be on the safe side.

The download from "hxxp://fundsstone.info/lp.php" is the Sweetpacks Toolbar, basically just a browser hijacker. And Emsisoft Anti-Malware blocked the page, and the download itself.

MrNDlaJ.jpg

GdI5uhZ.jpg

It goes without saying that you should not download or install this program. And if you need any help, you can start a thread in the Malware Removal Assistance forum.

Upvote 0

sam198812

Thread author
May 22, 2013
Thank's jack, i'm running them two program's now i have the free version of exterminate it! and you cant deleate files unless you have the paid version are these two program's gonna remove it?

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
It almost sounds like you have a ROGUE.
Tigzy Rogeukiller
MBAM
HitMan Pro

That is quite an on-demand volley.

adwCleaner is a great tool as well.

ALL GREAT SUGGESTIONS by our fellows.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Disable the addons which may known as browser hijacker or adware toolbars.

Even proxy from internet options.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.