Battle [Malware Testing] VMware workstation or Oracle VirtualBox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Currently use VMWare Workstation and I think that it is good for all the YouTube vidoes that I make and plus I know my way around it compared to Oracle VirtualBox.

D

Deleted member 178

no my actual machine :D lazy to install a VM , and i have a backup image under hand; i like to see if my REAL system is secured enough, and i can say yes, threw 100 malwares yesterday :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
no my actual machine :D lazy to install a VM , and i have a backup image under hand; i like to see if my REAL system is secured enough, and i can say yes, threw 100 malwares yesterday :D

Well at least you have a backup on had ;) Well I'm going to do some links later too :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I voted for VMWare Workstation since it's the more secure Virtualization Software out there. VMWare Workstation is secure enough that it prevents malware from infecting the Host PC.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
When I test malware I usually use VirtualBox. I've used both.

If I want to test my own system though I test my own system. I've never had anything get by.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
They're both good but from my limited use/understanding (I do intend to do more at some point...) on them both, VMWare is more secure and comptable, Virtual Box has been known to cause quite a few conflicts with regards to testing so has not been accepted by a few providers (Comodo been one of them) which has caused a bit of confusion for the sole users of that Virtual Software...

There was a more in-depth response from Egemen on why it's no accepted but have not got the time to go searching for it now... :p

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
There was a more in-depth response from Egemen on why it's no accepted but have not got the time to go searching for it now... :p

Vectored exceptions fail on VirtualBox. That is as indepth an explanation as I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.