App Review Malwarebytes 1.70 with Comodo Firewall 6 (Custom Settings) Test [Crowruin]

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Malwarebytes 1.70 PRO with Comodo Firewall 6. How would you rate this combo?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • 4 Stars (Very Good)

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • 3 Starts (Good)

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • 2 Starts (Fair)

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • 1 Start (Poor)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

MBAM is not supposed to be a Main AV so i say "poor", i rather use full CIS.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Umbra: ;) I'm using MBAM as my realtime AV with Sandboxie and Privatefirewall but of course with common sense however I'm not advise to do my setup as risk are still exist.

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
Running MBAM along CIS is fine although I just wanted to test MBAM and Comodo Firewall together and see how they perform together.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I agree with others, Malwarebytes isn't supposed to replace your Antivirus. It's better used as on-demand scanning / malware removal (+ Chameleon).

No comment regarding Comodo software, (thumbs down).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Indeed since its design to detect threats that are not caught by other realtime protection but of course those combination are experimental and with experience.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I will have to agree with other statements, MBAM is not a full AV solution it is only a helper to your AV. If you want to use Comodo, then use the full suite. Or you can use MSE, Avast, Avira or what ever other good AV you want to use. This video does not paint a complete picture, you have to consider all of the vulnerabilities found in Comodo v.6 and how MBAM doesn't detect a lot of malware. Of coarse if you use UAC and never download unknown files or visit unknown sites you could probably get by safe just using Comodo Firewall + MBAM but I would not recommend it.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MBAM's detection rate are really outrageous since most threats even digitally signed/PUP/ are able to determined from its analysis that other AV's couldn't and just bypass easily to be undetected.

Its like more than an hourly updates, almost perfect but not at all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.