Malwarebytes 3.1 vs Dr.Web Security Space

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
I had Malwarebytes for couple of months now
But Recently I've switched over to Dr web . I do not know best protection Malwarebytes or Dr web! Which one should I use?

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
But Recently I've switched over to Dr web . I do not know best protection Malwarebytes or Dr web! Which one should I use?
When you ask a question as such, you will receive mainly users personal opinions, which will not help you, as you need to use one, then try the other and see which fits your needs and uses.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The problem here will be that not many people have tried Dr.Web Security Space to be able to provide you with a balanced feedback. Even I haven't, except for its on-demand tool 'CureIt'.
'Malwarebytes 3' has gone heavy and even now, not considered effective against a range of malware, though it claims to be a complete security suite.
I have seen 'Dr.Web Security Space' in action in our Malware Hub and surprisingly, it covered a range of threats, though the system was usually being infected (I don't think that it will be the opposite for MB either).
For Dr.Web, you can refer @Der.Reisende's December 16 - January 17 testing in MalwareHub. He might be able to give you some more idea about the product's overall effectiveness.
The best way is to try them out since unbiased tests on comparison of the two are rare to find. In my opinion, both of the products are NOT ENOUGH as STANDALONE protection.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Can you add vote other?

Go with à Well known av And you are good to go :)

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Personally if I had to choose this I would choose Hitman Pro.
But as I would have no other choice is MBAM Pro.
Dr. I do not use the Web so I can not say anything.

plurkstar

Level 1
Jun 1, 2017
Under their feature comparison, Hitmanpro.alert has everything hitmanpro has and also have Ransomware Protection, etc. Won't really recommend hitmanpro.alert after seeing the effectiveness against some of the ransomeware.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Under their feature comparison, Hitmanpro.alert has everything hitmanpro has and also have Ransomware Protection, etc. Won't really recommend hitmanpro.alert after seeing the effectiveness against some of the ransomeware.
yes since hitman pro alert has hitman pro as an on-demand scanner
aka if you run a ransomware, it won't have realtime protection, only use its anti-exploits and other features trying to stop it.
hitman pro alert is a companion app imo to a strong AV/anti malware like KIS, Emsisoft, Bitdefender, etc..

Reactions: Parsh

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
to be simple : none of the two , I installed security space some time back and it ran heavy on my system atleast , also it struggles with loads and loads of fp's. they have great pup detection signtures and prevention ( the best out there. ) you can ad drwebcureit for free to your on demand scanners and weed out the fps eacht time your scan with it and it found something. mbam is a waste of money , even the free version of v3.1 is not worth having installed on your machine. I am still using mbam v2.xx on my machine and refuse to update to the latest version. you are better of with avast free in hardened mode paired up with comodo firewall a cruelsisters settings imho.

Reactions: Parsh and mekelek

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I'd go with MB. It may be overrated but it did clean its act a little.. You can always try other free solutions like Windows Defender, Avast, or Voodoosheild.

hirudora56

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2017
There is a reason MB, HitmanPro are called second opinion scanners. They are never meant to be a standalone defense product. I have never tried Dr. Web (used CureIt a long ago & was surprisingly good). But regarding MB v3, it is not enough. Also it is a regression from V2, which made it so popular. I would recommend you to use HMP alert (or just HMP) alongside with some strong security suite like Kapersky, Bitdefender or ESET.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.