Advice Request Malwarebytes 3 and Zemana AntiLogger - Any conflicts?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum, and have a lifetime license for Malwarebytes 3 and for Zemana AL. I run a desktop Windows 10 PC and have never been happy with Windows Defender, especially with the fact that you never know if it is running due to finicky system tray icons.

I also have some short term licenses to McAfee AV and Trend Micro which I have to renew.

That being said, being that I have lifetime licenses for the above, I decided to install them both together and exclude them from one another in their exclusion options. I feel this would give me more than adequate protection than an AV and one of them by itself.

My question is doing you think running MB3 and ZAL together is a good combo rather than one, and an AV? So far, I have no conflicts.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
There is no reason to run both of them with Real-time protection on.
I would choose Zemana with Pandora enabled than Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes performance/security has been declining the past year.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Alternative combination: Voodoshield (whitelisting technology) + your current/preferred AV.

Malwarebytes is a good program however it's still in a long run to improve the detection on all categories considering the difficulty and complex to provide rapid signatures.

Voodoshield can be your preferred supplement cause it will protect all possible measures of files without verifying the overall rating, of course the decision is yours if you will execute the questionable program.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
You might want to just have the anti-exploit feature running along side of Zemana,If you can deal with Malwarebytes flag,you not fully protected,you know only concerning" its" functions .Voodoshield I think can make both unessasary GL

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Alternative combination: Voodoshield (whitelisting technology) + your current/preferred AV.

Malwarebytes is a good program however it's still in a long run to improve the detection on all categories considering the difficulty and complex to provide rapid signatures.

Voodoshield can be your preferred supplement cause it will protect all possible measures of files without verifying the overall rating, of course the decision is yours if you will execute the questionable program.
I will agree here with James. Use VoodooShield as a default-deny and enable Windows Firewall. You can then go with a regular AV or maybe Zemana with real time protection, though i do not recommend.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I tried VoodooShield but found the balloon tip messages to be overly complex, and not as detailed as I like.

Instead, I am running Windows Defender with ZAL, and WinPatrol. Should I add something else, or is this setup more than adequate?

As an after thought, since I have a license for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, I also added that, too.

Think this is more than adequate?

Last edited:

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
@SearchLight
I had almost same config with your security product ,
I am using Emsisoft + Malwarebytes Premium + Zemana Premium ,
and i can tell you , i am running Malwarebyes and Zemana with real-time protect together many months already ,
and there is no problem with it , very stable ~
actually , in my experience , they help each other !

You can take a look for this video :

as you can see from the video ,
after the Zemana and Emsisoft scan those Malware files ,
they still miss few files , but after Malwarebytes right click scan , all Malware had be detected and remove .

So as my view , you already had lifetime license for both product ,
than don't waste it , use them both , and enjoy ~

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
@SearchLight
I had almost same config with your security product ,
I am using Emsisoft + Malwarebytes Premium + Zemana Premium ,
and i can tell you , i am running Malwarebyes and Zemana with real-time protect together many moths already ,
and there is no problem with it , very stable ~
actually , in my experience , they help each other !

You can take a look for this video :

as you can see from the video ,
after the Zemana and Emsisoft scan those Malware files ,
they still miss few files , but after Malwarebytes right click scan , all Malware had be detected and remove .

So as my view , you already had lifetime license for both product ,
than don't waste it , use them both , and enjoy ~

malwarebytes is only useful against PUP nowadays.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
malwarebytes is only useful against PUP nowadays.
well , for me, not entirely so ,
the Malwarebytes 's ransomware protect、Malware website(IP) protect、Zero-day attack protect ... etc.
still pretty useful for me ~

And also sometimes in my experience ,
Malwarebytes can detected some Malware in infected system that other security software can't find ~

I won't (or ask) to install Premium version for every one i know ,
but i will suggest them at least install a free version , and scan their system by manual every week :)

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
well , for me, not entirely so ,
the Malwarebytes 's ransomware protect、Malware website(IP) protect、Zero-day attack protect ... etc.
still pretty useful for me ~

And also sometimes in my experience ,
Malwarebytes can detected some Malware in infected system that other security software can't find ~
this would have been true if we're a year ago, nowadays not so much. Malwarebytes is going on a deep downhill since their new version 3.
weak signatures, buggy application.

Reactions: KevinYu0504

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
this would have been true if we're a year ago, nowadays not so much. Malwarebytes is going on a deep downhill since their new version 3.
weak signatures, buggy application.

mm...i agree that ,
the V3 version isn't quite good .

For Malwarebyes , the Version 3 they try to combination different product together , but seems not so success .

But after few months , they keep improve their product , and the patch with version 3.1.2.1733 ,
the performance it's more better than old version ~

at least , i still feel Malwarebytes is a good and responsible company :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.