Malwarebytes 4.0.4

Product name
Malwarebytes 4.0.4 Free
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
The interface can be somewhat difficult for new users since they have a lot of settings, but they can be learnt in a few minutes.
Performance (rating)
3.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Protection is absolutely excellent. At least, that's my opinion. I've tested a lot of antiviruses (Kaspersky, Avast, Avira, and more...) but, at the end, I've outclassed them by Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes seems to detects less false positives and more real threats in general. I've used everywhere to clean infected computers and it worked like a charm.
Positives
    • Freeware
    • Many features
    • Highly configurable
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Compatible with other anti-virus software
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Effective malware removal
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
Negatives
    • Noticeable negative system impact
    • Resource intensive tasks
    • Limited web protection
    • Includes paid-for components (paywall)
    • Scans can be rather slow
    • Can slow down your browsing speed
Time spent using product
Computer specs
QEMU/KVM Virtual Machine (using virt-manager) on Ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS.
VM specs :
Intel Core i7 9xx Nehalem, IBRS update
Integrated graphics
2 GB RAM DDR3
~40 GB SATA HDD
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Overall rating
5.00 star(s)

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I've heard a lot of people saying that MBBG is heavier than other extensions... with significant impact in performance and in loading websites. What are your experience with that guys?
It is good extension specially against scam sites and malversting I use it it also block alot of of trackers and websites embedded analytic tools

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
I've heard a lot of people saying that MBBG is heavier than other extensions... with significant impact in performance and in loading websites. What are your experience with that guys?

Let me tell you about my experience with MBBG. (2 days ago)
I reinstalled Windows and installed Google Chrome with MBBG extension.
After that, I installed Adguard without success (Web installer). I didn't know why even though I removed Adguard and reinstalled it.
I did it many a time and I gave up without knowing what caused this bug. I couldn't even install the new Microsoft Edge. It showed the error code.
Finaly, I removed MBBG and reinstalled Adguard as well as the new Mcrosoft Edge without any gitches.
In conclusion, If you use MBBG, don't use Adguard. If you use MBBG, don't install the new Microsoft Edge.
You guys can give it a try and correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
After that, I installed Adguard without success (Web installer). I didn't know why even though I removed Adguard and reinstalled it.
I did it many a time and I gave up without knowing what caused this bug. I couldn't even install the new Microsoft Edge. It showed the error code.
Finaly, I removed MBBG and reinstalled Adguard as well as the new Mcrosoft Edge without any gitches.
In conclusion, If you use MBBG, don't use Adguard. If you use MBBG, don't install the new Microsoft Edge.

Regards,
I’ve used both together installed through the chrome web store. I didn’t have any problems as I recall. This was prior to edge chromium being in full release, so I can’t speak to that.

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
I have the paid version and MB claims you don't need a antivirus that MB does it all......well IMHO that's far from the truth. Their heading in the right directioin but have a long way to go yet............... marketing talk can be pursaive to say the least.:cautious:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I have the paid version and MB claims you don't need a antivirus that MB does it all......well IMHO that's far from the truth. Their heading in the right directioin but have a long way to go yet............... marketing talk can be pursaive to say the least.:cautious:
It works great with WD if you have a modern processor and a large amount of ram.

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
When I remove MBBG extension from Google Chrome, my browser runs as smoothly as silk!
Besides, I decided not to reinstall Malwarebytes Premium though I have a lifetime license.
I use WD only.

EDIT: Believe it or not, I used to be a long-term fan of Malwarebytes Premium, but I'm not any longer now.

B

BVLon

I just put my TrendMicro to an extreme attack and it did more than great.

1584333515599.png

It was fighting with active sodinokobi ransomware. None of my files have been encrypted. I disabled TM to activate the ransomware.

B

BVLon

TM is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
I was provided with a license by one of my mates... before that I've only used TM once, like 8-9 years ago...it wasn't brilliant. Now I am playing with it and might decide to keep it. You can say I've been "converted" :D
So far I can't trigger a TM failure. It was picking up the *.txt files that the ransomware dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017

Regards,
i use both Adguard Desktop application and MBBG together without any problem but in google chrome browser

View attachment 234898

It was fighting with active sodinokobi ransomware. None of my files have been encrypted. I disabled TM to activate the ransomware.
Really initiative interface i liked it but it is price very high for me and cannot get good deals for it as i had for Emsisoft in the previous black Friday

Outpost

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 11, 2020

View attachment 234898

How do you rate it in a comparison with Norton? Possibility of customization? Is the firewall valid and configurable like Norton?

B

BVLon

How do you rate it in a comparison with Norton? Possibility of customization? Is the firewall valid and configurable like Norton?
Norton offers better protection (thanks to its backup and VPN components) and better customization. Trend Micro doesn't have a firewall, but offers better ransomware, scripts, privacy and web protection. I believe that the product price should be the ultimate factor in taking a decision here. As I was given a free 5-year license for Trend Micro, once I confirm it is effective enough, I might decide to stay with it and save some quids.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.