Advice Request Malwarebytes acquires Windows Firewall Control firm BiniSoft

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Local Host

Thread author
Whtat's the big deal with the US based companies, as far as I know; there is no difference. Surveillance or spying has no flags or color, it goes beyond names and words, countries or companies.
The way they think and their laws is enough to not trust them above everyone else.

Reactions: darko999

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Currently still using them after the recent windows updates, so far so good, no new compatibility issues but it's only a matter of time before it becomes buggy or incompatible with new releases of windows and that's when I'll make the swap to something new

Reactions: Local Host

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
With Malwarebytes acquiring Binisoft WFC, one more step in the direction of making MBAM bloatware. Even without WFC being built-in, MBAM, from what I have read on this forum is not highly recommended due to weak signatures.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
they want make it a suite, they succeeded at it:

- AV
- Firewall manager
- Anti-exploit
- Web filter

Reactions: harlan4096
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
MB has web protection, exploit protection, malware protection and ransomware protection modules. I am only guessing that if they make WFC part of MB, it will also be a module you can turn off. Problem with MB now is when you turn off a module, it keeps bugging you that some protection it turned off.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
MB has web protection, exploit protection, malware protection and ransomware protection modules. I am only guessing that if they make WFC part of MB, it will also be a module you can turn off. Problem with MB now is when you turn off a module, it keeps bugging you that some protection it turned off.

After pushing it as a stndalone av, it has become wobbly. MB has ruined itself in many way. It needs more time to mend itself. MB had & still has potentials. They should hold their horses for a bit & re-think their move. It's pretty clear that they are going to integrate binisoft firewall with MB, I'm just hoping they don't make it worthless. I mean, binisoft is a good product they shouldn't ruin it like they have done to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.