Battle Malwarebytes (AM+AE) (Premium) vs HitmanPro.Alert (Premium)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
HitmanPro has been a great product for detecting malware other AVs missed. However, Malwarebytes is also a good canidate for such things. At their highest points of protection with their Anti-Malware and Anti-Exploit components which one takes the win?

Reactions: Kuttz

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I vote MBAM + MBAE.
I cannot say if this combo protects better then HitmanPro.Alert but with HitmanPro.Alert I had too much issues with the latest updates (issue with Office false positive, issue with keystroke protection) and the support did not help very much because he only proposed me to disable Office protection and keystroke protection.:(
MBAM + MBAE are running very smooth without any issues or false positives.:)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
MBAM & MBAE all the way! ;) I like HitmanPro.alert but it has been buggy for a lot of users. It still has compatibility issues with some AVs.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since MBAM is included on the combination so any signatures that are aligned as recent threat may prevent the possible exploits payload when MBAE missed it.

Meanwhile HitmanPro.alert is good from sophisticated exploits however everything depends on the scenario.

Reactions: harlan4096

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If you have HitmanPro.Alert paid, then you should also have HitmanPro(though vice-versa is not the case) which is well known along side Malwarebytes as a good second opinion scanner.

I'm going with HMP.Alert

MBAM & MBAE all the way! ;) I like HitmanPro.alert but it has been buggy for a lot of users. It still has compatibility issues with some AVs.
I'm guessing you are referring AVs that state to possess exploit protection. I'm under the assumption that incompatibilities arise not merely because both product have exploit protection but rather than they share the same exploit mitigations

If I'm correct, then the fact that HMP.Alert is stated to possess so many mitigation techniques(Which you can see a chart here:HitmanPro.Alert - SurfRight) could be huge factor in its incompatibility with some AVs.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I vote MBAM + MBAE.
I cannot say if this combo protects better then HitmanPro.Alert but with HitmanPro.Alert I had too much issues with the latest updates (issue with Office false positive, issue with keystroke protection) and the support did not help very much because he only proposed me to disable Office protection and keystroke protection.:(
MBAM + MBAE are running very smooth without any issues or false positives.:)

I change my vote because I have reinstalled HitmanPro.Alert 3.1.10 build 373 and now all issues coming with build 369 are solved.
HPA is more complete then MBAE and I think more light then MBAE when opening documents Office or pdf.
I'm using combo MBAM premium + HPA.

Reactions: Alkajak

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.