Advice Request Malwarebytes and Windows 10 - Any issues?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware randomly quits on my Windows 10 latest version today. Is this normal ?

So far it hasn't reappeared but it is still has two processes in the background in task manager. Weird.

I don't get it.

Nothing sketchy installed.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware randomly quits on my Windows 10 latest version today. Is this normal ?

So far it hasn't reappeared but it is still has two processes in the background in task manager. Weird.

I don't get it.

Nothing sketchy installed.
Not ever have I had this happen and I am a longtime MalwareBytes Premium user,
but as a courtesy I would report this to the staff and next time try and save an error log you can upload to them.

Reactions: DJ Panda

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Not ever have I had this happen and I am a longtime MalwareBytes Premium user,
but as a courtesy I would report this to the staff and next time try and save an error log you can upload to them.

Will do next time thanks. Posting from my mobile device because I am doing a fresh install of Windows 10 to be sure.

Strangely before after restarting Malwarebytes came back

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Out of curiosity were you updating or installing any new software before this happened? Another stupid question but yuyuou are using Premium right? In the Free version it autocloses itself when you are done scanning and such. @_CyberGhosT_ 's advice can be benifical in hopefully solving this problem in a futures build as well. :)

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Out of curiosity were you updating or installing any new software before this happened? Another stupid question but yuyuou are using Premium right? In the Free version it autocloses itself when you are done scanning and such. @_CyberGhosT_ 's advice can be benifical in hopefully solving this problem in a futures build as well. :)

No. Yes Premium. Neither stupid questions. Sorry I forgot to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.