Advice Request Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit- Should I use it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (Free/Premium). Do I REALLY need it?

• Yes

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have Kaspersky IS 2016 (c) + voodooshield 3 beta in my system. Should I install MBAE free/pro?

Could anyone tell me a convincing reason that I should consider this product? Beause of the current configuration, I feel like to don't really need it

Thank you

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
As you got KIS(Automatic exploit prevention) and Voodooshield, I vote "No" but still all depends on your surfing and I if you want another layer, don't see any problem in adding MBAE its really up to you.

If your worried with browser exploit attack, most I encountered are focus on IE using Chrome/Firefox w/ ad-block, and only going to well known site chances of encountering an exploit is slim.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Your PC doesn't run without MBAE installed? That seems like an issue... /s

MBAE is not needed with KIS anti-exploit, and especially not needed with VS.

I think he meant that he would never run his computer without MBAE. :) (Neither would me.)

IMO Voodlesheild is phenomenal but I personally would always reccomend adding something just for protection in case it is light. Which MBAE is. :)

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Your PC doesn't run without MBAE installed? That seems like an issue... /s
Actually I wrote "For me it's just impossible to run PC without MBAE." So that's an issue of me not PC. :)

I think he meant that he would never run his computer without MBAE. :) (Neither would me.)

Yes, I meant this. I like that MBAE runs smoothly on any PC I where installed it.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I have Kaspersky IS 2016 (c) + voodooshield 3 beta in my system. Should I install MBAE free/pro?

I see no reason to use Voodooshield with Kaspersky. Can you explain what VS adds to KIS? Maybe I miss something in VS.

Now I have Comodo FW + MBAE. I use CFW with HIPS and AutoSandbox on. This protection is rather close to KIS. What would VS add to CFW?

Thank you.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I see no reason to use Voodooshield with Kaspersky. Can you explain what VS adds to KIS? Maybe I miss something in VS.

Just found out possible answer in VoodooShield video:
Capture.PNG

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

Now I have Comodo FW + MBAE. I use CFW with HIPS and AutoSandbox on. This protection is rather close to KIS. What would VS add to CFW?

Thank you.
very roughly speaking, VS would be equivalent to auto-sandbox in comodo, or TAM in kaspersky.
But VS is much easier to configure and use than either of the above. Someone who doesn't like headaches should use VS instead of them.
which is most effective? Probably depends on how well you configured your software and how wisely you use it, but that is just my IMHO.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I love VS. It will scan everything with it's VoodooAI engine and virustotal, then ask you to decide to run or not to run the program or components. You can try it :D

Actually I regularly try it since the dawn of its development. VS is being developed in huge steps. Now it can be configured for as novice as expertise users. I'm of high opinion about this reliable and effective app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.