Advice Request Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit- Should I use it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (Free/Premium). Do I REALLY need it?

• Yes

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Actually I regularly try it since the dawn of its development. VS is being developed in huge steps. Now it can be configured for as novice as expertise users. I'm of high opinion about this reliable and effective app.
I still have problems with it on windows 10, even with the latest beta versions of voodoo. There are certain windows processes that it doesn't know.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I wouldn't use MBAE on top of KIS and instead of using VS, I would rather enable Trusted Applications Mode in Kaspersky. You may also want to get familiar with Application Control in KIS (HIPS). Even though I am not a fan of any HIPS, it might be beneficial to use it to restrict often exploited applications in order to strengthen the system against file-less attack vectors. Of course HIPS is not ad powerful a security measure as many people think, but in Kaspersky's case it's probably way better implemented than this Voodoo security thingy. At least KIS doesn't need UAC disabled to function properly :D.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Yes you are right.

I was referring to this post:

VoodooShield ?

But in hindsight VoodooShield manages to freeze the system with UAC disabled as well. Therefore I correct my statement. Even with UAC disabled VoodooShield malfunctions. I hope VoodooShield developer is happy now :p

Actually you are writing about VoodooShield beta...

Last edited:
Reactions: DardiM

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@Solarlynx
Well said, keeping your answer neutral and sticking to the facts and refraining from making any negative annotations.

@FleischmannTV
Everyone is entitled to his own preferences and perceptions, but why blame a beta for having bugs and tell that developer is happy when his program freezes? Does not make sense to me. Maybe when German soccer team wins today you feel better and post with less grieve against a one man band trying to iron out the bugs of is beta (remember being Dutch, I have more to grieve about, so have a big laugh, take another beer and be a sport)

@AlphaBeta
True VS is not specifically designed to mitigate exploits, MBAE is designed to mitigate them. You are also right about MBAE being very light

Last edited:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Everyone is entitled to his own preferences and perceptions, but why blame a beta for having bugs and tell that developer is happy when his program freezes? Does not make sense to me. Maybe when German soccer team wins today you feel better and post with less grieve against a one man band trying to iron out the bugs of is beta (remember being Dutch, I have more to grieve about, so have a big laugh, take another beer and be a sport)

Actually I don't follow soccer at all as I only care about the NBA. Preferring the Cavaliers over the Warriors, there is no reason for me to be upset because of sports results ;).

But it's true, every time this product comes up, I get a fit of over the top rage, bile and sarcasm. Yes, I admit it's over the top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.