Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antreas

Malwarebytes Anti-exploit 1.03.1.1220 Final

c8f93cdc3210576134c125ba15af2856.png

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 1.03.1.1220
  • Added new protection techniques for "Operating System Security Bypass Protection" Layer
  • Added new protection techniques for "Application Behavior Protection" Layer
  • Added ability to enable or disable pre-determined shields
  • Added ability to manage (add/delete) custom shields
  • Added visual distinction in traybar icon between started and stopped
  • Added visual distinction between pre-determined, custom and CLI shields
  • Added automatic upgrades to newer versions
  • Added distintion between Free and Premium based on license key
  • Free version protects browsers, browser add-ons and Java
  • Premium version includes all shields and custom shields management
  • Improved application termination when an exploit is blocked
  • Improved optimizations results in reduced size of MBAE.EXE by 3.5 times
  • Changed MBAE logs directory to %AllUsersProfile%\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
  • Updated end user license agreement
  • Fixed bug with GUI flashing for a second before minimizing to traybar
  • Fixed bug with certain API hooks
  • Fixed bug with unshielding right after installation
  • Fixed false positive when playing DVDs in Windows Media Player
Version Differences:

Ani-Exploit has a paid premium and a free version, the premium version costs $24.95 for 1 Year/3 PCs, the differences are below.

9cb03faef106bac0131bbd745ea4f092.png

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (The program defaults to the free version on install)

Homepage

Source
i try out the free version because i only need it for java and google chrome protection..

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Okay i have been in a discussion with a friend of mine over MBAE the past 2 days or so. He believes it would add to my computers security. Now from what i have read MBAE is definitely good..BUT i personally do not think i need it that much. ( Or at all for that matter. )

I use the latest version of CIS combined with EMET, and i have some security extensions in my browser that help out to. ( Not to mention two on demand scanners. ) So now i am curious as to what the more experienced people here think about my thoughts on whether i need MBAE or not?

D

Deleted member 178

I use Appguard so i dont need it. But if you dont use EMET , MBAE may be useful.

@Morro i dont think you need it

Reactions: Morro

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
If you already have EMET you don't need to install MBAE. They have a same function and they're incompatible to each other.

Reactions: Morro

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit v1.04.1.1012 Final released.

We are happy to announce the availability of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, version 1.04.1.1012!

This version includes a whole new set of exploit detection and blocking techniques, specifically for Layer1 to prevent exploit shellcode and for Layer2 advanced Java and other type of exploit payloads. In addition it improves usability with Desktop-based Java applications and some other usability improvements. The changelog is as follows:
  • Added various new layer 1 and layer 2 detection techniques
  • Improved various aspects of installation and automatic upgrades
  • Improved UI to make it easier to activate Premium
  • Improved threat information telemetry
  • Improved Java shield to prevent slowdowns and FPs in desktop-based applications
  • Fixed FP with Excel addon
  • Fixed bug executing Desktop shortcut after install
  • Updated hooking framework
In order to download MBAE 1.04 please visit the main Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit page.

Existing users of MBAE 1.03 will receive the automatic upgrade prompt. Initially we will roll this out slowly over the next two or three weeks to make sure the automatic upgrades is working as expected.

Source: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/156507-malwarebytes-anti-exploit-10411012/

Reactions: FleischmannTV
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.