Malwarebytes Anti-malware 1.60.0.1800 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I think it's more like Rkill, just tries different file types untill it finds one that is not being blocked.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Yes. I've tried "Breach Mode" of the HMP.
when i use it. all processes will be terminated, except that process required for windows, in order to is still running.

rkill > terminated known as malicious process.
you're right ,metalshaun.

so, MBAM chameleon technology same as Rkill, which Chameleon technology have many file name and file type, so malwares or anything which can blocked programs, it can't block MBAM with Chameleon technology.

hopefully all understand what i say.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
MetalShaun said:
I think it's more like Rkill, just tries different file types untill it finds one that is not being blocked.
The user opens a help file inside the MBAM folder located in Program files, then he can click on the different options available until one works. The first one worked for me but if someone is infected, he might have to try 3 or 4 of the options until one works.

It seems to me that this is how Chameleon should be run, for now. It worked perfectly for me.

Bo

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Has any noticed an increase in false positives lately?
I have used MBAM about every since it came out in beta and it usually never has any false positives.
Here lately when I've been doing cleanups on my customers systems, it has been finding more and more false positives.

Still is the best rogueware remover available, it is my main tool to cleanup systems and most of the time the only tool that I need to completely remove malware.

Thanks.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BoXX28 said:
No False Positives here. Been scanning clients with it for days already.

I have been reporting all of them to MBAM, maybe already fixed.
They usually resolve problems quickly.

Thanks.:D

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
When mbam update to new version I have problem with my computer. I could not turn it on. But it self repair.

I think mbam it one of the best software to detect malware, viruses and another threads.

It rarely detect false positive.

Chameleon technology is good because any malware can not stop it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.