Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Greetings Malwarebytes Anti-Malware users,

We're excited to announce that we have a new version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ready for beta testing!

Version 1.70 of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware brings with it a host of great new features and enhancements. Please give it a try by downloading it below and provide your feedback in this thread, Thanks!

New Features:

* New program logo and icons
* Heuristics for 0-day exploit detection now implemented in protection module for PRO version
* Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default
* Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now shows Windows 8 START screen notifications
* More Tools tab enhanced with tons of new content and more to come in the future
* Option to allow a threat to run temporarily (Allow Temporarily) added to filesystem protection prompts
* Option to add a detected item to the Ignore List (Allow Always) added to filesystem protection prompts

Improvements:

* Heuristics for detecting new and unknown threats improved
* Scanner efficiency improved
* Microsoft Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 now identified correctly in scan logs
* Help file updated to include information on new features
* Better compatibility with many other security products in realtime

Issues Fixed:

* Minor issue with password creation from CLI fixed

Minimum software requirements:

* Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
* Internet Explorer 6 or newer

Minimum hardware Requirements:

* 256MB of RAM (512MB or more recommended)
* 800MHz CPU or faster
* 20MB of free hard disk space
* 800x600 or greater screen resolution
* Active internet connection for database and product updates

Thanks for participating in our beta program!

-- The Malwarebytes Team

Download

Screenshot -
tEEDX.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
They've changed their interface, ha well the banner bit. Will be interesting now it's got Heuristics for 0-day exploit detection. Thanks for the heads up Dashke.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
They became blue. :p

I'm waiting for the final version. Gotta love the new features and improvements especially "Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default."

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Nice, I can't wait to test it out since it now has Heuristics.

Tbh, It still gets me wonder what v2.x would be like....

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Syntax said:
I'm waiting for the final version. Gotta love the new features and improvements especially "Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default."

exactly!

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
I like the new color scheme, it's more soothing and appealing to look at

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Fiery said:
I like the new color scheme, it's more soothing and appealing to look at

Not really a drastic change, however I do like the old style and simple look of Malwarebytes...... ;D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Installed beta over the top of old version kept original settings in place.It works fine on both win 7 & win 8.Scan was good and memory usage was about the same as the non beta version on win 7 & 8 64-bit respectfully

The new icon is pleasing but its a change from the old one that is instantly recognizable.I had to look for it in the right click context menu and its similar ,at least in color ,to Shadow Defender so I separated them a bit on the taskbar.Overall I like it and look forward to the final release

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Tom172 said:
A welcome change. We've been looking at the same GUI for years now.

I second that opinion!

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i installed yesterday mbam to see what the differences are and i really like it. i didn`t have more time to evaluate it but it runs as a final version. no slowdowns, bugs etc. i like it alot!

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Although the new banner is very nice the old "M" icon was much better. What on earth is that new shape suppose to be? I always thought the blue logo was the company logo and the red M was the Malwarebytes program logo.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Although the new banner is very nice the old "M" icon was much better. What on earth is that new shape suppose to be? I always thought the blue logo was the company logo and the red M was the Malwarebytes program logo.

Yeah, the blue thing is their company logo. Don't know why they decided to incorporate it into the new GUI.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
Installed it yesterday. I was happy that if Malwarebytes detected a virus. It will automatically quarantine it and there will be tooltip in the taskbar instead of a notification in the center of the screen. Thank god that the "Pause Protection" within the notification was removed. Don't know what that is for.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Since upgrading to Windows 8 MBAM has been using a tonne of RAM. About 2 or 3 times more than on Windows 7. Anyone else noticed this???

Lhykp.png

D

Deleted member 178

honestly i found the real-time mode of MBAM not worth the shot, since it is just signature-based.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Earth said:
Pac-Man

F5yils.jpg

MetalShaun said:
What on earth is that new shape suppose to be?

looking at the blue against the black background it looks like an "M" with the white{"Pac-Man" looking thing} taking a bite or "byte" out of the blue "M" hence Malwarebytes taking a bite out of Malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.