Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I like the new GUI.

WDU8iox.png

Except for the ads but they are not too bad compared to other free products.

I just ran a scans for the heck of it and now it detects adware installer files in your temp folder even though they are not active.
So if you install an ad-supported product it will detect the left over installer files in your temp folders just like you have an infection when you don't. I also found it funny that it detected IObit Browser Protection as "Trojan.FakeAV" and it was just a left over from installing Advanced SystemCare, I never installed IObit Browser Protection. I guess MBAM is trying to get revenge on IObit once again.

MBAM detected a total 12 files on my system and none of them were active malware. This can be misleading to some users who don't know the difference. I wished there was a setting on the scans to only detect active malware, to get rid of these other detections all anyone has to do is clean their temp folders or run CCleaner. There is no reason why these files should be detected since they are harmless unless someone manually opens their temp folders and starts clicking the files to run them most users would never do this.

At least these files detected came up with the default action to allow once except for IObit Browser Protection which came up the default action to quarantine. :p

Still MBAM is an excellent product and adding the rookit scan was a plus. The Threat was very fast on my system with three hard drives.
I still will have to try the new version on an infected system to see its improvements.

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 178

I like the new GUI.

me too ^^

MBAM detected a total 12 files on my system and none of them were active malware. This can be misleading to some users who don't know the difference. I wished there was a setting on the scans to only detect active malware, to get rid of these other detections all anyone has to do is clean their temp folders or run CCleaner. There is no reason why these files should be detected since they are harmless unless someone manually opens their temp folders and starts clicking the files to run them most users would never do this.

maybe here:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Sorry if this is a silly comment, but I still have that awfull "blue ribbon" on the bottom in the paid version!:mad:
I thought there would be an option in the latest version to disable it?:confused:
skrin

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Having a lot of freezes with it. Still, looks to me in beta. Disappointed so far.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
me too ^^

maybe here:

No that doesn't work, I want activate detection of PUP and PUM but don't want inactive PUP and PUM (harmless files or settings in temp folders or old installer data). It will either detect both active and inactive or will not detect any. Hopefully they will add that option to this new version in the future. If using the real-time protection it can be a real program trying to install an adware supported freeware since it will detect like OpenCandy and others even when they are not running or installing adware, at least you can add individual files to the exclusions and continue but then that will allow them to run if accidentally installed. So you only option would to be ignore all PUP and PUM and let them install and not be detected in the future. It needs a settings "Treat detections as malware only if actively running", "Ignore detections if not actively running" and "Warn user about detections only if actively running".

I

illumination

Round two! I restored the system to factory settings, no other security installed but default 8.1 windows. Again Mbam ran first scan, finished no problems, then i tried to enable self protection, the program froze up "not responding" and i proceeded to wait to see if it would correct itself, 5 minutes later the hamster ball was still spinning, and my CPU 'i5 3230m" was jamming at 100%. I had to manually kill the system, upon restart it told me the anti rootkit driver had failed to load, for which it asked if i wanted to restart, then i ended up in a loop of the system starting and trying to run the anti rootkit scan, of which i canceled , but soon found after 3 restarts in that loop, i would have to wait out the scan. This program is buggy to say the least, and i would not recommend it right now.

I have used this same machine to run many softwares, none of which ever produced problems like this did.

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
yes, i got some freeze for the first time after installation [ updating & scanning my system ], after that, i do not get it anymore,

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
MBAM Lifetime License

What you Get

• The latest build of the world's most popular anti-malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
  • It's a rare lifetime license
  • Only $24.95
This offer is limited to a set number of licenses. Act now or you'll lose this opportunity forever.

Go here --> http://www.malwarebytes.org/eureka/

siren05

Level 2
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Weirdly, this program is on startup even though i disabled it,I really liked the non intrusive 1.xx versions.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Actually you can. You don't have to uninstall. In fact if you install on top it will take you current license and import it.

Did that and it's fine now. I only see that in order for it not to start when Windows starts even though you have set it "not to start" is disabling protection. I think that's it's a confirmed bug as I see it in the MBAM forums also. Anybody know how to manually update it?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
New version released

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00.1.1004

https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.1.1004

Improvements:
• Database is now updated automatically after installation
• Notifications are no longer displayed if the Dashboard is in focus to reduce redundant information
• Significantly reduced the size of all tray notifications
• Reduced the intensity of the colors used for tray notifications and status banners in the Dashboard
• Database out of date and scan has never been run notifications now reduced in severity to orange instead of red

Issues Fixed:
• All scheduled scans should now run without popping up the main UI so that users are not interrupted

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.1.1004

Improvements:
• Database is now updated automatically after installation
• Notifications are no longer displayed if the Dashboard is in focus to reduce redundant information
• Significantly reduced the size of all tray notifications
• Reduced the intensity of the colors used for tray notifications and status banners in the Dashboard
• Database out of date and scan has never been run notifications now reduced in severity to orange instead of red

Issues Fixed:
• All scheduled scans should now run without popping up the main UI so that users are not interrupted

Thanks,but I wish they removed that "blue ribbon" in the paid version!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.