Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 4 Beta / Final Thread

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
I believe that it may be able to find some things that Malwarebytes itself doesn't. In any case, it won't hurt to run it. It's portable, so there's nothing to install and it scans very quickly.

Hello @roger_m,

I would assume that it would possibly detect some things like some pre-installed software that Malwarebytes possibly does not currently detect.

Yeah, it would not hurt to keep it around until we know for sure, and I agree that it is portable and quick; I wish that Norton Power Eraser would update from within the program itself like Malwarebytes AdwCleaner.

-John Jr

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Malwarebytes 4.0.1.31 Beta

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

Malwarebytes 4.0 has just been released after weeks of beta-testing.

Here's the annoucement.

TL;DR? New interface, new detection engine, better update workflow, and numerous other fixes and improvements.

Unlike others I didn't consider MB has jumped the shark with MB 3 releases, they weren't flawless but were effective enough. I had tested MB 4 beta for a couple of weeks and it was a pleasant surprise to notice improvements in several areas. Hopefully you'll give it another chance, I'm looking forward to read/watch what you think of it!

Happy surfing :)

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Hello everyone!

Malwarebytes 4.0 has just been released after weeks of beta-testing.

... new detection engine... numerous other fixes and improvements.

Unlike others I didn't consider MB has jumped the shark..

Happy surfing :)

Thanks for the announcement tailHey.

I commend Malwarebytes for actually manning-up and being part of the testing at AV-Test. Although they have not done well (yet), they apparently believe that things will get better, or they would not have voluntarily participated in the test series. The worst capabilities like Webroot and Heimdal just hide from testing and make excuses.

The "new detection engine" is the interesting thing here. Maybe one of our Malware Hub testers can give Malwarebytes a run in the Hub again.

And oh yeah, I think Malwarebytes had definitely 'jumped the shark.'

But I'm still hopeful for a comeback.

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
New in Malwarebytes 4.0
Performance and protection
Malwarebytes Katana, a new anti-virus engine, provides improved detection of the latest zero-day threats and dynamically extends the detection capabilities of malware modifications.
The software is now registered as the main antivirus solution in Windows Defender Security Center.
Ease of use
Redesigned user interface to enhance user experience.
The new Threat Center integration lets you know more about any threats detected.
The new online installer at any time ensures that you install the latest version of antivirus software.
Improved stability and bug fixes
Improved performance and faster scanning.
Many improvements and fixes.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
And oh yeah, I think Malwarebytes had definitely 'jumped the shark.'

This may be the case, but the free anti-exploit perpetual beta is a little gem, for those who find it.

The software is now registered as the main antivirus solution in Windows Defender Security Center.

I guess they're throwing in all of their chips with this move since it will mean do or die.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
How add this in Kaspersky
Exclude the following files:
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys (mbae.sys for x86 systems)
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
Only disable ransowmare protection module in Malwarebytes !Work with Kaspersky...still present !

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In Kaspersky *.sys files can't be excluded, try to exclude the whole folder of MWB:

1572900795059.png

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1572901015697.png

Against my better judgment, I downloaded Malwarebytes 4.0.4.

And all went well.

Since both the previous major update transitions were not smooth, my expectations were low.

The soft blue on soft blue motif brings out my metro-feminine side.

A change from 3.x ------ when one hits the "My Account" button, it does not lead to account info in the Malwarebytes GUI. It opens my.malwarebytes webpage.

1572901543518.png

They remember me..

They did seem to redesign much of the GUI.

There is now only one type of scan, the "Threat Scan." So the quick scan (whatever it was called) is gone.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Sorry, Yes files *.sys can be excluded, but not via "Trusted Application" settings nor via Application Control, but via Mange Exclusions:

i dont find ,please see ...
UPDATE
Not work,malwarebytes+kaspersky work only disable ransowmare protection module in Malwarebytes !

Attachments

• Captură ecran (5).png
    Captură ecran (5).png
    38.5 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.