App Review Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Random Musings

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Considering how early in the beta the software is, it looks promising and with the level of quality that MBAE, and MBAM aspire to, MBAR will be no exception.
I do agree though that they need to combine this into a single software due to the memory usage of running all 3 separately.
I'm running beta build 0.9.4.299 on Win 10 Pro 1511 and have had no issues with compatibility (yet)
Thanks for vid cruelsister. PeAcE

*PS for any fellow gamer's out there that may plan on testing or installing this on your primary system, make sure you add to exclusions your game clients, and Punkbuster A & B, just a heads up.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If that's the case, then why develop the Malwarebytes anti-ransomware instead of focusing on MBAM with better features? Just curious...
Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta | Wilders Security Forums
"However even with the above three layers there's still a chance that a ransomware might get through which (a) is delivered via social engineering, (b) not detected by MBAM rules and (c) contacting a C&C that's not blocked by the Web Blocker. For those cases MBARW is a proactive approach that will block ransomware without signatures or web blocking."

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We can see that MAR (Anti Ransomware) provides partial blocking on the ransomware which consider as impractical, where once the file is executed then that's the time it will be detected.

Otherwise I see the effort which let it grow and for sure more features to be arrive in the future.

Reactions: Der.Reisende
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

@CMLew I assume they know that more people are more likely to use a free product and not all people may wish to have a companion anti-malware :)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

nice review as always sister! indeed its a good effort from malwarebytes , but they need to improve ( but let's be forgiving here it is still in beta phase ) I also wish for this to be a stanalone product if I would choose to install the final release. A bit off topic , but maybe it is interesting to see how rollback rx would do against ransomeware ;)

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
... for those who want a suite. But allow for separate ad-hoc programs for those who don't (my preference).
That said, I already have MBAM (RT disabled) and MBAE Premium liftetime licenses, so were some / all to become a suite, the AE and AR components should be selectable, as Malware Protection and Malicious Website Protection are now in MBAM.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.