Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA removes the latest nastiest rootkits and repairs the damage they cause.

Source

bB9ZP.gif

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Malwarebytes just gets better and better...!

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Troubleshooting issues after running Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Certain rootkits will delete Windows services and change Windows settings that can cause Windows not to operate properly. These problems, which typically appear after the rootkit has been removed, include loss of network connectivity, the Windows Firewall no longer starting, or Windows Update no longer working. To fix these types of issues, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit includes a program called fixdamage.exe that can be used to resolve many of these issues.

When run, fixdamage.exe will scan your computer for deleted or incomplete Windows services and broken Layered Service Providers. It will then recreate any missing or damaged services and repair the Layered Service Provider chain. Last, but not least, fixdamage will restore all the default Windows Firewall rules if necessary. This will typically resolve most issues with broken network connectivity and Windows services that do not start properly.

To run fixdamage, open the mbar folder that you extracted when you download the program. Inside that folder you should see a program called fixdamage.exe. Double-click on that file and the program will launch as shown below.

fixdamage.exe

Simply press on the Y key on your keyboard and the program will perform any necessary fixes. When it has finished, you be shown a message that says press any key to exit. Press any key on your keyboard and the fixdamage screen will close. For the changes to go into effect, you now need to manually restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts and you log back in, Windows should be operating properly again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/how-to-use-malwarebytes-anti-rootkit

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well another a must tool once its been cleared out for beta stage. But doesn't need to used as a daily purpose.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
That is right James.
Treat it like KBRD or a PRIMARY emergency infection healer.
Glad to hear from you James.

The utility that I displayed can be very handy. If it works well, it will be a huge asset in malware removal and the potential errors that are sometimes caused by it.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello!

I have put this Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA on all my computers.
And run Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA once a week. Great tool for
extra layer of security!

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
I am not going to touch it till it is officially released...I hate BETA....

KelvinW4 said:
Tried this and used it on my friends computer to get rid of a rootkit:king:

Is their system okay? I am really afraid to use Beta products now -.-

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
It is pretty stable, this tool is frequently used now in the Malwarebytes help forum

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Added information from a source: the beta itself will be expire on 1st of April 2013. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.