Assigned Malwarebytes disabled by Zemana

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggDan

Thread author
Feb 28, 2018
I followed the instructions found on this site to remove the browser hijacker Granena.ru. (How to remove Granena.ru redirect (Virus Removal Guide))

The instructions said to install and run Zemana, then install and run Malwarebytes, then install and run Hitmanpro.

Between Zemana and Hitmanpro the problem was solved!!!

However, I had Malwarebytes installed already. After installing Zemana, my malwarebytes icon in the tray disappeared. Clicking on the desktop icon or on the program in the start menu does not work. The program does not run. When I tried to remove Zemana the computer hangs up. Attempting to reinstall Malwarebytes hangs also, because the first step is to remove the old installation. I am unable to remove either of them. I haven't tried to remove Hitmanpro.

I just paid around 50€ in November for two years of Malwarebytes and don't want to loose the program. The other two are just trial versions so when they expire I will be without and anti-malware program.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Dan

Reactions: Rengar

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
You could use system restore,which may also remove the redirect virus if you can pinpoint when it got on your system,Also get yourself a backup program,it can help you big time getting back to your computer running well gl

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Zemana and Malwarebytes should work together with out issue ,
because i am using them both for more than a year .

To complete remove Zemana ,
Please take a look this post :
Q&A - Uninstalling Zemana leaves Drivers behind?

Follow his way , than you can success remove all the Zemana's files and program .

------------------------

I will suggest you reboot your system into the safe mod ,
than complete remove all the security program .

You can try to use Malwarebytes's official remove tool , to make sure it can remove clean .

After that , reboot your system , than install the security program back , but one by one ,
do not install them in once , make sure you will reboot the system after install each one .

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.