MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
The Malwarebytes interface has basically been the same since day 1 with only minor graphical changes such as the red M logo and banner background image changed.

I took the time to come up with a different approach in the UI for Malwarebytes and not the typical and plain boring Windows style (the white background and dull grey buttons) that has been used since Windows 2000.

>>> Direct image link (click to zoom full size)

Much like everything else around us in the world is evolving, The same goes for software. It's time to move on.

Constructive feedback is appreciated.

"If it ain't broken don't fix it."
"I don't care about the UI or fancy graphics."
"I have no creative taste and think the current UI is fine..."
This thread isn't for you.

Remember this is just my concept, We could all have different ideas on how you would like Malwarebytes to look and fact is not everyone will like it no matter how many changes are made.

We could use this thread as ideas and suggestions that you would like to see implemented in Malwarebytes, GUI or code wise.

You can also see my Metro inspired Norton 2013 UI here.

:feedback:
 

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
I like it. Not to Metro and not to plain. It sits in the middle for me. Only thing that might able to change is that where you have the test saying what has been detected change that you red and the amount of threats that is orange change that to red.

Apart from that it's a +3 rep from me.
 

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
McLovin said:
I like it. Not to Metro and not to plain. It sits in the middle for me. Only thing that might able to change is that where you have the test saying what has been detected change that you red and the amount of threats that is orange change that to red.

Apart from that it's a +3 rep from me.
Yes exactly it's somewhat metro inspired but hardly, A few icons and squares.

Originally it was red but I felt it's too strong on the eyes and the red doesn't suit well against the blue background. See this image.

Orange still indicates a threat and draws caution and the users attention. :)

The 3 squares in the image with Green, Orange, Red, and White represent the status.

- Green meaning secure, Protection enabled, Everything is good. (Only for Registered version)
- Red meaning Protection module disabled or not functioning, Out of date by 15 days.
- Orange meaning a threat was found / blocked, Or an infection was found in the scan.
- White, Only for the un-registered (free) version does the same thing Green does without the Protection module enabled.

But that's just one of many status ideas I came up with using colors.
 

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Still the main functions of the original location was there.

For UI concept version I have nothing to say but wow! :cool:

+Rep
 

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
MrXidus said:
Yes exactly it's somewhat metro inspired but hardly, A few icons and squares.

Originally it was red but I felt it's too strong on the eyes and the red doesn't suit well against the blue background. See this image.

Orange still indicates a threat and draws caution and the users attention. :)

The 3 squares in the image with Green, Orange, Red, and White represent the status.

- Green meaning secure, Protection enabled, Everything is good. (Only for Registered version)
- Red meaning Protection module disabled or not functioning, Out of date by 15 days.
- Orange meaning a threat was found / blocked, Or an infection was found in the scan.
- White, Only for the un-registered (free) version does the same thing Green does without the Protection module enabled.

But that's just one of many status ideas I came up with using colors.
Okay. In that case it looks really good. Should be a designer for Malwarebytes.
 

MetalShaun

Level 1
I am impressed,Its some great work.Although, I don't like all the transparency and it kinda feels flat. The tabs also look too much like a website nav bar. I prefer cleaner more chunky/tactile interfaces like Avira and Eset. I have always liked AVG's Modular approach of chucking everything on a home screen with its own button.
 

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
McLovin said:
So did you post it over on the Malwarebytes Forums? ;)
No, not me. I'll leave it to MrXidus to post it if he wants to/when it's ready.
 

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Earth said:
No, not me. I'll leave it to MrXidus to post it if he wants to/when it's ready.
Ahh, okay. Well I bet that they will like it.
 

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
MetalShaun said:
I am impressed,Its some great work.Although, I don't like all the transparency and it kinda feels flat. The tabs also look too much like a website nav bar. I prefer cleaner more chunky/tactile interfaces like Avira and Eset. I have always liked AVG's Modular approach of chucking everything on a home screen with its own button.
MetalShaun, Ha, that's a whole new different UI in its self to design! Got me tempted to doing it now. :p Cheers for the insight.

3link9, WinAndLinuxTutorials, jamescv7 :)

I don't have an account over at MBAM forums, I might decide to share it later on. Still have a few touch ups to do.
 

Dashke

Level 1
That's great! I really like ti! Although it reminds me of panda cloud av, it's still great...
P.S. I can post it for you if you want.
 

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Dashke said:
That's great! I really like ti! Although it reminds me of panda cloud av, it's still great...
P.S. I can post it for you if you want.
I did get the mouse over inspiration from there. Good eye.

Feel free to post it anywhere. :)
 

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Dashke: I highly doubt it since the first time I saw it, panda cloud only have that designed version.
 

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
CycloneTutorials said:
Submit it to MalwareBytes. I am sure they'll approve it and start working on it :p
As MrXidus said He has a few touch ups. I don't know what on because it looks great as it is.

MrXidus said:
I don't have an account over at MBAM forums, I might decide to share it later on. Still have a few touch ups to do.
 
Top