Malwarebytes IP Block Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloBlack

Thread author
Nov 5, 2011
I am impressed with Malwarebytes Pro IP block protection. Not sure how many use the Malwarebytes pro version or how many of you may be running a website but it adds a nice extra layer of defense. I checked the two IP addresses in the image below and both are known to be trouble. Neither one shows up in my server logs. It's nice when the pond scum can't even connect to your site.

malwarebytesipprotectio.png

Of course this is not the only protection I use for my tiny webpage but it is nice to know there is extra protection.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm also using a MBAM Pro trial and I this product to be top-notch ... Malwarebytes really improved their real-time sync. and now what can be detected by an on-demand scan can also be found in real time.
The IP blocking is useful and it also blocked a some domains in my testing, but still this tools isn't very useful when trying to stop zero day malware because the cyber criminals setup new domains for each new attack.
Another major '+' for MBAM Pro would be the system impact, I can't feel any slowdown while using it.MBAM seems to detect files only when you run them, If you just have a folder with inactive infected files, the real-time scanner won't pick them up...

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Malwarebytes is not an antivirus.
so they will not be able to detect the infection files on your hard disk. when we run it, MBAM will detect it.
EXCEPT, file infection there is a connection with a file system that might work as required system process, MBAM will detect it.
and, you will see several options: Ignore, Quarantine and one more I forgot :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have a bought key for the Pro version of MalwareBytes, but I do'n't really use the pro, just the free version.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I do also have a license for Malwarebytes' Antimalware PRO and I can say that there are huge improvements but I'm not currently using the PRO version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.