Q&A Malwarebytes not blocking IP address

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
This mourning I got 6 blocks from Malwarebytes for the same IP.
I then looked at my firewall and it showed an established connection outgoing. Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot of the firewall connection but killed the connection.
What I am wondering is if Malwarebytes logged the connection as being blocked, why did my firewall show it established. I am including a screen shot and the MB log file info.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com
-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 11/17/17
Protection Event Time: 10:11 AM
Log File: 07c33340-cbb2-11e7-a19e-00ffd3199732.json
Administrator: Yes
-Software Information-
Version: 3.3.1.2183
Components Version: 1.0.236
Update Package Version: 1.0.3282
License: Premium
-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System
-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0
-Website Data-
Domain: tn.symcd.com
IP Address: 23.60.139.27
Port: [51701]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

(end)
ScreenHunter_82 Nov. 17 10.31.jpg

D

Deleted member 65228

Since Microsoft Edge was the cause according to the logs, were you browsing at the time of the block alerts?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
When I check tn.symcd.com on VT Malwarebytes URL checker gives an all clean and so that still doesn't explain why the installed Malwarebytes said it blocked that URL.

D

Deleted member 65228

Microsoft Edge was making an outbound connection to the IP address being flagged by Malwarebytes.

Code:
File: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
Presumably you were browsing at the time of the alert notifications, otherwise another program was making the outbound connection whilst using Microsoft Edge to do it. Regarding VirusTotal, the engines on the service are not identical to those in the actual end-user products.

There could be many explanations, it is hard to point the finger at any without more details.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Microsoft Edge was making an outbound connection to the IP address being flagged by Malwarebytes.

Code:
Presumably you were browsing at the time of the alert notifications, otherwise another program was making the outbound connection whilst using Microsoft Edge to do it. Regarding VirusTotal, the engines on the service are not identical to those in the actual end-user products.

There could be many explanations, it is hard to point the finger at any without more details.
I think was accessing the that site from e-mail for some reason.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
And how does that problem continue? Greetings friend.
Well, last night my computer updated to the newest insider build 17040 and now Edge does not work at all. Won't open any pages and the update cleared all my favorites and killed Ublock. grrrrrr .Edge has never always opened pages in the past builds and have reported it but now they really did a number on Edge.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I did the reset you posted and rebooted and all is well again.

Thanks