Battle Malwarebytes or Bitdefender Mobile Security

Darlene

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
Looking for a mobile antivirus, please share your experiences and opinions. Are there other mobile security apps worth installing besides an antivirus? Like for example "Signal Private Messenger"?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thats a hard one.
I have used both on my LG Optimus Pro.
I would say both are accurate, and maybe MalwareBytes as being slightly better on
system impact. I do like the options both offer so I would conclude that you cant go
wrong with either, it would boil down to user preference.
PeAcE

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I use Comodo Mobile Security works well has anti theft and an SMS/Call Blocker and its free.I really use it for the antitheft & SMS/Call Blocker.Firewall only works on a rooted phone.
Adguard is the only security App I pay for.
Avast is good & also free
Have never tried Bitdefender and or Malwarebytes.
Bitdefender Mobile security does have some nice features.
Personally I would try the truly free versions buying something.
The only paid app I would suggest is Adguard.A lifetime license is inexpensive and it works excellent on a non rooted & rooted phone.

Reactions: souhrid and Darlene

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I have never ran an AV on my phone, since I don't really feel they are necessary. They drain your battery and as long as you pay attention to app ratings and permissions, you'll be fine. Just go to reputable websites and stay away from well you know..

Reactions: Darlene

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.