Battle Malwarebytes Premium or Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2021

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi I want to know what do you think about Malwarebytes premium i see its a little cheap and like to know if it is a good security solution, I use Emsisoft on another pc and know is good but I am attracted about Malwarebytes, what about performance, false positives and the most important: the support

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Yea, I vacillate between using http/ssl scanner to browser extension based products. Not totally convinced SSL scanning is wise.

Out of all the malware that made some kind of network connection during their infection process, about 23% communicated over HTTPS, either to send or receive data from the C2, or during installation when they may use HTTPS to conceal the fact that they are retrieving malicious payloads or components.

Network traffic encryption is more important for Trojans, especially information stealers. An information stealer’s main goal is to collect as much data about the victim as possible, including sensitive financial information, and remain undetected while doing so. Among our sample set, information stealers made up 16% of the total number of samples tested during the time period.
Information stealers relied more heavily on HTTPS to communicate than any other type of malware. Even though they make up only a little more than an eighth of the total samples that made any kind of internet connection during their infection process in our analyses, about 44% of the information stealers communicate using TLS over the standard HTTPS ports.
Using SSL/TLS gives malware the ability to conceal commands sent to the client, hide data exfiltration, or prevent the detection of downloads of additional modules or payloads. In this analysis, we consider any of those activities a use of TLS.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Just a little example of how Malwarebytes can be a really good solution for some users considering the nowadays malware scenario, it can proactively protect against this new 0-day attack targeting windows users with microsoft office documents (CVE-2021-40444) and it probably could do with a very old version too, thats the beauty of its anti-exploit protection.

ExploitOfficeWMIblock.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.