Malwarebytes "Premium"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechguy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
I bought this version of MBAM online, and it's a year license for 3 PCs. I would have bought the lifetime Pro license but couldn't find a boxed version (I was shopping online for something and bought it too).

It's an excellent product. I've used MBAM Free for a very long time to remove malware from client PC's so I thought if anything, just to support them and it turns out that MBAM's paid edition is very, very good.

I use a Mac for my own use (hence the avatar) but I have several PC's in my home. I installed it on one to begin with, my mom's computer. She likes the simplicity of Windows Defender (in 8.1) instead of an AV, and I've noticed I've had trouble with malware/adware popping up so I thought I'd try it. It has already blocked two threats since being on the system. It really works great. I have two other PC's I can put it on but I'll save it for right now. I also installed Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and now I know her system is fairly secure between Windows Defender, SmartScreen, Firewall, and UAC as well as MBAM Premium and Anti-Exploit. I also use HitmanPro.Alert that blocks most malicious sites too or ID stealers. I've yet to have to clean her computer.

All in all, it does what it says and adds an additional layer of security without slowing down your system or causing issues. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.