Advice Request Malwarebytes + Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
There shouldn't be any issues with MBAM the latest probably has the most stable grounds on the new OSs 8 and 10. If you have a license key Malwarebytes will honor it and make it usable on other OSs.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Large vendors like this are well prepared for the update
Its the small vendors that you should be a little concerned about.
History has taught us that Nvidia and Some games may suffer some issues
which has me a little concerned, but over all it's my honest opinion that for
the most part this will be painless.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
software vendor don't try to be compatible with beta versions of Windows OS.

Before WIndows 10 was going to release I contacted may software vendors to check if they are working on software version that will work in Windows 10. But almost everyone said they are not doing anything because windows 10 is in beta stage.

H

hjlbx

software vendor don't try to be compatible with beta versions of Windows OS.

Before WIndows 10 was going to release I contacted may software vendors to check if they are working on software version that will work in Windows 10. But almost everyone said they are not doing anything because windows 10 is in beta stage.

Damn right... W10 really can't be considered stable yet. Perhaps in another year or two.

Remember Windows 8\8.1 ? It took Microsoft 3 years to get all the major stuff fixed...

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Damn right... W10 really can't be considered stable yet. Perhaps in another year or two.

Remember Windows 8\8.1 ? It took Microsoft 3 years to get all the major stuff fixed...

You're totally right. Windows 10 isn't near perfect but when it does its security will have a lot of people happy.
Hopefully

Marc Roy

Aug 2, 2016
Hi, I am new to this forum. I apologize if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it using search. I don't go on suspicious websites, games, pirated movies, etc

Can someone with good knowledge tell me if the following would be good for security for my home computer:

Windows Defender on Windows 10
Windows Firewall (I am using a wifi router)
Malwarebytes antimalware premium
Malwarebytes Anti-exploit

Thanks
Marc

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hi! Welcome to MalwareTips! Here is a thread that is very similar: Question - Malwarebytes + Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I personally would say its a great comodo with Win Defender as an AV, MBAM for AM, and MBAE helps give Windows 10 another layer of security.

I would recommend making a security config and introduction thread here to get yourself started. :)

Enjoy yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.