MalwareDev's Config

M

MalwareT

Nice config ;)

I'd suggest you couple of suggestions:

Adblock = AdGuard (lighter on ram and cpu and has built-in phishing and malware filter)
There's no point to use 7Zip and WinRAR on same system considering that they have same function :D
For scanners i'd suggest you to use Panda Cloud Cleaner,Hitman Pro or malwarebytes free
For password manager i'd suggest LastPass/Sticky Password, they're both free
If you're interested to use download managers, i'd suggest you to use Download Ninja :)

Why so many addons ?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello MalwareDev. It is both admirable and brave to enhance your growth of knowledge. I'm wondering, besides using a VM for testing, do you have a separate computer used only for testing?
I used to use UAC set at maximum, Always notify.:rolleyes: Many would find this annoying too. I should update this on my own configuration as recently I've cranked the UAC down a notch to "Notify me when programs make changes to system..Do not notify me when 'I' make changes..". This default setting works more comfortably for me now, and may be a more agreeable setting for you too.;) In this way you can observe and also learn while remaining safe with this important Windows protection.

I like your set up, and use approx. 1/2 of your core extensions, and think CCleaner is an excellent software.:) I agree with Malware Test's recommendations. I use both Adguard & LastPass on Opera browser.:cool:

In Chrome, I prefer to browse in "Incognito" which deletes both history and remaining cookies at end of session.
;)

To activate the third party cookie blocker:
  1. Go to settings, then scroll to the bottom of page >> click on Show advanced settings.
  2. Under >> Privacy, mark "Block third party cookies..". You may also mark "Keep content information only until end of session
Thanks for sharing your configuration, and please activate UAC. Even if you decide to allow a :eek:change to occuro_O (for testing purposes) you will be the "User" whom is "Activating" his "Control":D on his system rather than the reverse.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you are not willing to activate the baseline Windows Defender then add Sandboxie for browsing virtualization as wanted to test for malware activity when downloaded. ;)

Another good thing which I cannot see the problem since you have backup software so if anything happen just restore only.

For USB in related protection, add McShield as your optional protection.

MalwareDev

Thread author
Jan 6, 2015
well first of all thank you so much for suggesting and helping me....
@Malware Test I am already using adguard in google chrome...
@jamescv7 i didn't mention lots of softwares which i am using .. i am also using sandboxie and adwcleaner .. filegrab software... etc...and i don't have extra system that's why i am using vmware and UAC suggestion is good by @Cats-4_Owners-2.. i already knw about that but still its feels me annoying :p and
I am using 7-zip and winrar together because both have some little bits difference features.

I also used windows steady state but it only works in windows xp. If someone have any other alternative of windows steady state that works in windows 8 it will really helpful for me..

I am also using USB Disk Security --> USB Protection.

Malwaretest i would try download ninja .. but jdownloader 2 works good for me. It has really awesome feature.. I would suggest you try jdownloader once, you will love it.

Thanks all of you once again for helping & your amazing suggestions..

God Bless Us All :)

Y

yigido

Malwaretest i would try download ninja .. but jdownloader 2 works good for me. It has really awesome feature.. I would suggest you try jdownloader once, you will love it.
What are the differences between JDownloader 2 and current stable version? JD2 now a beta software.
and I am an old IDM user, I gave my key to my gf (sad..)
Can you please explain me about JD 2 and JD 0.98 stable?

Thanks, and by the way good config, I suggest you an antivirus because MBAM only use a 7-8 MB database which detects 3 months old and younger samples.

MalwareDev

Thread author
Jan 6, 2015
Jdownloader is a stable version whereas jdownloader2 is a beta version.
I am using beta version because beta versions gets new features first for testing purposes :)

And

@scot yes u r right i am not using any antivirus software :) once in a month i do deep scan with avast or kaspersky or symantec then i uninstalled the antivirus software if i installed it :)
I follow some rules in my life..
"Don't worry and scared when you sees a problem" Always try to first find a path or solution of the problem, if someone creates a lock then somewhere also there key must be exist guys.

I am using zone alarm free firewall software.. I feels its enough to help me. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.