MalwareExpert12's Config

Which AV do you think is better?

• Total voters

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Firstly I would like to say nothing you listed under real-time protection is a antivirus except ESET, it has a excellent detection rate and does provide real-time protection. Malwarebytes on the other hand is mainly used for on-demand scanning therefore relying on it to provide real-time protection would be a absolute waste of time. Adguard is a excellent adblocker, but can only block a certain amount of sites listed under "Malware Domains" - Millions of malware is created everyday, I'm sure people make sites to host them. Even if malware domains has a large number of sites to block it can never block 100% of sites with malware. IObit products are completely useless and should never be used by anyone. Even though the things you listed wasn't a antivirus, you should never use more than one of them just saying.

• If you think your computer knowledge is advanced and as the name says "Malware Expert", why do you think that everything other than ESET is considered as a antivirus or real-time protection?

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Wheeewww... you got a lot going on !

Until HitmanPro.Alert 3 is made stable (currently beta with a good ways to go yet), MBAM is the better choice. Besides MBAM free is better than HitmanPro unless you want to pay to get all the HMP/A functionality.

It's debatable which one is absolutely better...both have their strong/weak points.

Between ESET and BD it is a matter of personal preference and what works best on your system.

MalwareExpert12

Thread author
Mar 8, 2015
@illumination, I was browsing once and then since I was using a useless AV but didn't know it, I went to a malicious website and them got infected by the Conficker virus. Took me more than a year to fix and finally done today.

@illumination, also once I was using a VM to test malware with it, and got a BSOD on my Windows 8.1 PC. It was DPC-WATCHDOG-VIOLATION and I had to send it off for repair. Not gonna let that happen again.

Who else has Firefox Developer Edition?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tonibalas
I

illumination

@illumination, I was browsing once and then since I was using a useless AV but didn't know it, I went to a malicious website and them got infected by the Conficker virus. Took me more than a year to fix and finally done today.
These answers are hence my questions. When you name yourself a Malwarexpert, and say you are advanced, members of the forum will be more likely to listen to your advice, that may lack experience, and lead to further problems for them. Open and honest is how we like it here.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
MalwareExpert12, welcome to MT & thank you for sharing your configuration. Although I've neither tested nor tried any of the various iObit apps yet, I've been holding on to an Advance Care key for some time which people react to as though I'm selling them a bridge!:D
I agree with Exterminator20's thoughts on ESET for realtime & Malwarebytes as a solid secondary scanner.:)

In Chrome (for added privacy) my suggestion is to go to settings, then scroll down and choose advanced settings.
  1. Under Privacy check the box "Block 3rd party cookies & site date"
  2. Additionally, mark the circle "Keep local data only until quitting session"
CCleaner is a safe free app which helps keep your system light, and more private. I use it daily.;)
*For the portable version scroll to the bottom of download page, & find it under "builds".

I have not yet tried Firefox Developer's Edition yet. Would you recommend our taking it for a spin?:)
A widely accepted password manager which provides military grade encryption protection is LastPass. It's both free & secure.
Lastly, I wanted to ask if you've followed many threads (in our Malware assistance forums) here & whether your own malware removal methods are similar to those of our malware removal staff here.o_O

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

Who else has Firefox Developer Edition?

Sorry, but if you had advanced knowledge about computers and/or was a Malware Expert you would be able to remove that in much less time.

Reactions: tonibalas and scot

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Real-Time Protection:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 (Premium) use Free vresion
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium
3. ESET Smart Security 8
4. IObit Malware Fighter 3 PRO
5. Adguard - ?
Adguard for Chrome + Firefox + IE
:confused: extension? - it not real-time protection
On-demand Scanners:

ESET Online Scanner - е duplication ESET SS

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Can you please send me a screenshot showing all the software you have installed on your computer?

Real-Time Protection:
1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 (Premium)
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium

3. ESET Smart Security 8
4. IObit Malware Fighter 3 PRO
5. Adguard
On-demand Scanners:
ESET Online Scanner
Backup and Recovery:
1. OneDrive
2. Malwarebytes Secure Backup
Web Browser(s):
Firefox Developer Edition, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer
Extensions and Plugins:
Adguard for Chrome + Firefox + IE, Firefox OS Simulators for WebIDE in Firefox Developer Edition, ADB Helper for WebIDE in Firefox Developer Edition
Any other software:
Dashlane, Norton Anti-Theft, Adguard, Office 365 Home Premium, Unchecky, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit TEST, NetSupport School Client, FSASecureBrowser7.2, Skype, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Process Explorer, IObit Uninstaller, Creo Parametric Student Edition, Malwarebytes FileASSASSIN, Malwarebytes RegASSASSIN, Ubuntu 14.04 ISO file

Do you really have 3 Adguards on your computer?

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If that is only in Virtual Machine then there will be no issues. ;)

However those suggestions made by the members are a must to remove in order to show better optimization result setup.

Sometimes more tools cannot help you at all and primarily common sense will save you a lot from mistakes.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
As other members suggested keep Eset for your real time protection, Malwarebytes Premium disable real time protection and keep it as on demand scanner.
You can also add more on demand scanners like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Herd Protect which both are free;)
Thanks for sharing your config
p.s.: to other members, don't be harsh to a new member because he made some mistakes on his config just my opinion;):)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I think we should first define what is exactly "real-time protection".
While making a thread it reads as "List any security software(s) you have running in real-time."
So, it seems one can assume any security that protects without needing to scan can be included.

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 (Premium) -has real-time protection
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium -has real-time protection
3. ESET Smart Security 8 - has real-time protection
4. IObit Malware Fighter 3 PRO - website claims it has real-time protection
5. Adguard - Not exactly a security software despite having a Phishing and Malware filter

Now onto the recommendation. Like others have said I would suggest making ESET Smart Security your main protection, remove IObit Malware Fighter, also you can decide to disable Malwarebytes Anti-malware real-time protection and use it as on-demand unless you feel your computer can run both programs(ESET and Malwarebytes) without affecting your system's performance. I think using Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium is fine since it isn't an antivirus and shouldn't interfere at all with ESET.

ESET Online Scanner - No need for this if you already have ESET Smart Security 8
If you want another on-demand scanner then tonibalas's suggestion of using Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Herd Protect is good. Though herdprotect could give you some false positives considering it uses over 60 engines.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.