MalwareSecure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
48gRz.png

None of us wants personal files, documents or data like logins and passwords to be captured by unauthorized person. It’s natural that we expect to be safe online although usually without realizing what we may meet on currently viewed page or on the latest e-mail. Interestingly, there are two sides. From one point of view, all of us live in virtual world selling one’s own privacy on such portals like facebook and spend hours online in pursuit of knowledge and entertainment; we don’t even buy, let’s call it “standard” electronic devices if they’re not able to connect us with the internet. On the other hand, we found ourselves incapable of protecting data that is smuggled somewhere to the internet’s depths, like we didn’t care.
When you meet some unknown on the street, you don’t give him or her your ATM card, you don’t reveal your PIN and you don’t say who you are and what you do. It’s obvious that there some aspects that remain closed to extraneous interference. Shame on us, if we forget all of that at the time of switching our browsers on. Crafty loggers, Zbots stealing our data, spam, fraudulent messages containing interesting links, fake websites pretending to be official banking or Paypal sites, as well as (recently very popular) fake fan websites on facebook are a real danger. All these traps are aimed at the most ignorant internet users. What is more, even if we realize malware exists in virtual world, we don’t really know how to protect ourselves from it.
Alright then, I would like to recommend program A. It is truly fantastic as it detects 100% pests before they have a chance to run on the system. As far as package D is concerned, I wouldn’t opt for it. It let the virus in on my computer.
Of course there will never be a perfect solution as long as there are people who earn money by using naive e-customers. To be honest, internet will never be safe. One of the ways to combat pests is basically unknown in Poland anti-virus.
How MalwareSecure handled my test? Let’s have a look:

frtIx.png

To begin with, installation process is both logic and easy. There won’t be any problems. There is quite clear and accessible interface divided into 4 tabs.

• Protection
  • Scan
  • Update
  • Logs

The first of them depicts activation status of modules for real-time protection, so it is a discreet AV scanning each runned file and each process that is active in the system using a powerful Ikarus engine. Due to code emulation the program works in a heuristic way. It helps to detect that small amount of virus missed by (according to many users officious) scanner from Austrian producer. Also, applications downloaded by web browsers, autoruns, or any malice items located on removable disks are fully controlled.

0we1P.png

MalwareSecure as a user-friendly program offers clearly described scanning functions. There is a quick mode that checks most infected areas, full mode that controls each file saved or runned in the system and user’s scan that checks area defined by user. There is no need to remember about scans, MalwareSecure features a scanning schedule.

hhVeE.png

There is a possibility to detect a few types of malicious code by using Malware Secure:

• Viruses
  • Spyware
  • Malware
  • Software with a low level of risk
  • Rookit

You can configure a strong anti-virus exclusion due to file extension or a particular folder. It will eliminate possible false-positive detections.
Obviously, this procedure is available both in real-time and in the case of on demand scan.

What is more, MalwareSecure makes user free from reports on its own activity.
It is possible to deactivate the alerts so that MI becomes totally automatic.

I must admit RAM consumption generated by the program surprised me positively. Although Ikarus can be quite troublesome, in this case there is no problem with performance.

qZ1DB.png

V9oZa.png

To protect the system, we need several layers of protection. Usually, they are realized in the form of Internet Security package. However, today I decided to present you an individual anti-malware software that, depending on your will, is or is not supported by a Firewall or sandbox. In my opinion, MalwareSecure may seamlessly cooperate with Microsoft Firewall in the latest systems (f. ex. Windows 8). Maybe it is time to try out this unknown and underestimated anti-virus?

Website

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
never heard of this one, even WOT and WebRep have no ratings in their site :s

GUI looks really attractive and user friendly.....

but are you sure, that this is genuine software?? because they does not have any paid version, from where their income coming?? even their business versions are also free, that quite suspicious :s

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
tapoo said:
never heard of this one, even WOT and WebRep have no ratings in their site :s

GUI looks really attractive and user friendly.....

but are you sure, that this is genuine software?? because they does not have any paid version, from where their income coming?? even their business versions are also free, that quite suspicious :s

Agree looks very suspicious, I can't find anything about it.

Added website link to thread.

Thanks.:D

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
MalwareSecure has been around for a long time
Its not well known not mainstream early version's used different Engine's
they dabbled in all kinds of software at one stage reg cleaners and video editors etc
very early versions used AVG Engine then someone else's Adware's Engine I think.
one version don't rember which one gave users a lot of issuse crash's BSDs
then they kinda went poof away for a while now the appear to be back

I ran it against last pack from Malware Center MalwareSecure 436 / 605 = 72.06 %

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Artemis said:
Free is only trial :(

I find it very suspicious that the prices are not listed anywhere on their website and it doesn't even say how long the trial will last. It just says "Free Download", it doesn't say the products are freeware. Most of the links on their website don't even work when you click on them. Their website looks just like a rogue antivirus site. I would not download anything from a website like that.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^
i better stick with other antivirus softwares which are tested by VB100 and other labs .... :|
even for testing new antivirus software in the market, i will use only when its tested by some reputed labs

now, its hard to differentiate new antivirus softwares with rogue....
MalwareCenter posted few days ago, that AnviSmart Defender is run by a reputed hacker :(

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Infamous-Hacker-Heading-Chinese-Antivirus-Firm?highlight=anvisoft+hacker

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i installed it my PC and it said that my trial is expired..i don`t remember installing this software..i know about it for some time now(maybe a year or so), but i don`t really remember if i installed it then..odd!

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Littlebits said:
Artemis said:
Free is only trial :(

I find it very suspicious that the prices are not listed anywhere on their website and it doesn't even say how long the trial will last. It just says "Free Download", it doesn't say the products are freeware. Most of the links on their website don't even work when you click on them. Their website looks just like a rogue antivirus site. I would not download anything from a website like that.

So does I. Thank you,neither I'll recommended it to anyone :p (after seeing this comments for that AV/AM/AS whatever it is)

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
tapoo said:
^^
i better stick with other antivirus softwares which are tested by VB100 and other labs .... :|
even for testing new antivirus software in the market, i will use only when its tested by some reputed labs

now, its hard to differentiate new antivirus softwares with rogue....
MalwareCenter posted few days ago, that AnviSmart Defender is run by a reputed hacker :(

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Infamous-Hacker-Heading-Chinese-Antivirus-Firm?highlight=anvisoft+hacker

WHATTTTT? *Uninstalls the Pro version*

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.