Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Hello everyone :),

Now I'm new here and I couldn't find a thread here on a mobile app. I may be blind :haha: but I think it would be really cool if you could make a Android app for the site. I often am on this site on my phone. I do have a big screen so it is pretty easy to reply to everything. I know there is a mobile theme but that doesn't work the best. I think it be neat to have a mobile app. I am not sure how difficult it is to create one though. :huh:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If you can code it that would be great. Let me know once your done.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Programming knowledge isn't a strength of mine, but I'll have a look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Earth said:
Programming knowledge isn't a strength of mine, but I'll have a look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Hello,

Thank you for at least giving a more polite answer. I have no clue about programming so that's why I asked. Its not really something I'm interested in. Looks very complicated :(

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
When you change the theme on this website, you will find one called MyBB GoMobile. But it is very buggy.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
When you change the theme on this website, you will find one called MyBB GoMobile. But it is very buggy.

Hello,

Yeah I tried out that theme. I didn't really like it at all. I'm on my phone now. I am just using the same theme I use on the computer.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Malware Man said:

Hello,

Yeah I tried out that theme. I didn't really like it at all. I'm on my phone now. I am just using the same theme I use on the computer.

Same here, I used to do that on my phone with a 3.3 inch screen. :D

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Malware Man said:

Hello,

Same here, I used to do that on my phone with a 3.3 inch screen. :D

My phone has a 4.3 inch screen.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Even if you create an android app I think the experience will be on par, with that of Mybb go mobile.
or Taptalk.
Even I own a forums which runs mybb and its difficult to port a theme and make an app. Maybe a metro app can be done easily though.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Except a WP/RT won't run on Android and they're not easy to make either.

If you have Windows 8 you can download 'VS Express for Windows 8', so you can test the App on your Host Windows 8 PC as well as Windows Simulator.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
MrExplorer said:
Nice Suggestion

Hello,

Thanks! I guess you mean me, lol. I'm not to sure it was the greatest suggestion. I felt stupid suggesting this, especially with the first answer I got.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Malware Man said:
MrExplorer said:
Nice Suggestion

Hello,

Thanks! I guess you mean me, lol. I'm not to sure it was the greatest suggestion. I felt stupid suggesting this, especially with the first answer I got.

I think Mclovin was just having a little fun with you,I didnt see it as personal.

It was a valid suggestion.

I use Google Chrome to access the site on my phone and to be honest it works better than the mobile version.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
exterminator20 said:
Malware Man said:
MrExplorer said:
Nice Suggestion

Hello,

I think Mclovin was just having a little fun with you,I didnt see it as personal.

It was a valid suggestion.

I use Google Chrome to access the site on my phone and to be honest it works better than the mobile version.
Haha, well I am new and all. I just found it quite disrespectful that's all. I would think I would be the ignorant one since I am young haha.

I was curious to see if it was possible

Same. I use Chrome on laptop and phone. And pretty much every other Google product (Maps, YouTube, Android, Gmail, list goes on and on haha)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Malware Man said:
Haha, well I am new and all. I just found it quite disrespectful that's all. I would think I would be the ignorant one since I am young haha.

Well, I'm sorry for being disrespectful. Say stuff like that is something I kinda do a bit. ;)

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
McLovin said:
Malware Man said:

Well, I'm sorry for being disrespectful. Say stuff like that is something I kinda do a bit. ;)

Can honestly say that McLovin does not disrespect you MalwareMan
just a bit of our Aussie humour, to back up what I am saying

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Tips-to-clean-up-your-online-reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.