Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
There are a few options to create an app however they will not replicate exactly all the features the forum has (custom fields, badges, etc..) - and this is the main issue that I have. Another reason is the fact that for us, as a future development for mobile devices would make more sense the implementation of Push Notifications rather than an app, because it is more easy to maintain.

For the MalwareTips 2.0 theme the user experience on mobile is almost perfect, I see no reason to add more complexity with an app. For 2017 you can expect a new theme and of course we will focus on the mobile experience.

As a final note, I really don't know how many people will install an app for a forum.. I for one I would not, but I do try to limit the apps installed on my phone. ;P

Last edited:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
There are a few options to create an app however they will not replicate exactly all the features the forum has (custom fields, badges, etc..) - and this is the main issue that I have. Another reason is the fact that for us it would see as a future development for mobile devices the implementation of Push Notifications rather than an app, because it is more easy to maintain.

For the MalwareTips 2.0 theme the user experience on mobile is almost perfect, I see no reason to add more complexity with an app. For 2017 you can expect a new theme and of course we will focus on the mobile experience.

As a final note, I really don't know how many people will install an app for a forum.. I for one I would not, but I do try to limit the apps installed on my phone. ;P

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to the new theme. Also i would argue the point of installing a forum app on a phone. If its for MT i would definitely install on my phone.:D

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
In general, I would stick to the browser-based MT mobile anyway. The same way I use Facebook through browser. If there is a non-app alternative for an app, I stick to that.

As for MT mobile, I agree that it is perfect in design, but it is beyond laggy for me on my Note 4. Specifically when I click any buttons (ie. profile, messages, notifications). There is a good 3-10 second delay before ANYTHING occurs. I sometimes think it didn't register my click, so I click 5 more times and then the 5 clicks queue up and overlap, and click on some random thread that I didn't intend to. @Jack

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The usability of MT site in mobile is working flawlessly.

I've tested with Google optimization tools and fortunately it has good ratings like 80% to 85% above for mobile viewing.

How about Tapatalk support, would that be an option?

Perhaps only certain features under of Tapatalk will be implemented, and not overall which can be found in the forum.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Having an MT App is awesome idea, i would install it. I made my own lite Version of MT using my browser links for my favorite topics into a folders on home screen, cheesy but I am addicted to MT.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I found this, unofficial (Android)

MalwareTips (Unofficial) - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: Parsh and Svoll

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Good catch XIII, didn't notice. I'll stick to my quick links format and avoid that app, Mines can reply to post and post unlike the app :p

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
In general, I would stick to the browser-based MT mobile anyway. The same way I use Facebook through browser. If there is a non-app alternative for an app, I stick to that.

As for MT mobile, I agree that it is perfect in design, but it is beyond laggy for me on my Note 4. Specifically when I click any buttons (ie. profile, messages, notifications). There is a good 3-10 second delay before ANYTHING occurs. I sometimes think it didn't register my click, so I click 5 more times and then the 5 clicks queue up and overlap, and click on some random thread that I didn't intend to. @Jack

Earlier issue has been fixed by switching to Firefox. Chrome is freezing during the sliding animations and skipping them entirely. Had no idea MT mobile dashboard had a sliding animation.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Screenshot_20161126-170037.png Screenshot_20161126-170103.png I just found an almost perfect solution for a mod of MalwareTips App, its a lite version that you create with an app I am not sure if i can mention here and it allows an almost perfect copy of the mobile website with menu and tabs on the side. Almost like an actual app. Navigation is decent but I have most of the topics and menus memorized so it wasn't a big issue for me.

An official MalwareTips Apps would be awesome and a TOP seller for sure! Thank you MalwareTips, I love this site!!! 1 week here and i am spamming on the forums like a pyscho.

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
There's this glitch in the Desktop version itself. If you place your cursor on the 'Alert' icon, but on the left portion, then after expanding the 'alert panel' for a sec, it switches to the 'Messages panel' as the 'Messages' icon suddenly appears under the cursor.

I have no idea why MT is not on tapatalk btw.

Reactions: Svoll

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There's this glitch in the Desktop version itself. If you place your cursor on the 'Alert' icon, but on the left portion, then after expanding the 'alert panel' for a sec, it switches to the 'Messages panel' as the 'Messages' icon suddenly appears under the cursor.
I cannot replicate the glitch you are talking about.
If you hover over the alert icon and move your cursor to the left a bit then yes the message drop down appears.
But to expand these you need to click "Show all" in the bottom left corner of the dropdown.

Reactions: Svoll
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.