Expired malwaretips.com Giveaway: DefenseWall Personal Firewall

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
DefenseWall Personal Firewall Giveaway

icvO0u.jpg

First of all we would like to thank SoftSphere Technologies for giving us the opportunity to give away 6 one year licenses for DefenseWall Personal Firewall.

How does DefenseWall Personal Firewall work?

DefenseWall Personal Firewall is not your average packet filtering application. It is intended to be used as an extra layer of protection for your system and it can run side by side with your antivirus product as well as simple firewall programs (as the default windows firewall).

DefenseWall uses a policy-based sandboxing technology to protect your system. It might sound complicated but this product is extremely easy to use and unlike other similar applications it won't display numerous pop-ups requiring your assistance. Applications allowed to access the Internet (Internet browsers, IM, P2P, e-mail clients, etc.) or the network as well as applications residing on removable drives or in Shared folders are considered to be opened doors than can provide a way for malware to reach your system. DefenseWall labels them as "Untrusted" and prevents them from altering your system. Every file created or process launched by an Untrusted application is also considered "Untrusted". In addition to this DefenseWall also prevents them from accessing the Web without your knowledge.

What makes DefenseWall Personal Firewall different?
  • No learning modes (as seen with firewall and HIPS programs).
  • Minimal popups.
  • Compatible with third-party security software and programs.
  • No need to configure ports and sockets.
  • No application checksum re-calculations.

While using some HIPS applications you are forced to answer numerous pop-ups, you feel the responsibility for keeping your PC clean. DefenseWall bears this responsibility on its own. Paired with a good signature-based antivirus and with the default Windows firewall, DefenseWall Personal Firewall ensures an excellent level of protection without lowering the usability of your PC. It can be used by advanced and novice users alike. It is properly configured out of the box but it also has a great deal of flexibility.

What DefenseWall Personal Firewall can't do?
  • It can't remove your current infections, you need to install it on a clean system.
  • It doesn't replace your antivirus solution.
  • It doesn't work on 64bit versions of Windows.

More info and a trial version is available on SoftSphere Technologies web site.

The Giveaway starts on 27 May 2011 and ends on 5 June 2011. We will give away 5 licenses to our forum members and 1 license on Twitter.

1. To participate in our forum giveaway:
  • You have to be a registered member on our forum and have at least 3 posts by the end of the giveaway period.
  • You have to make a post inside this thread and answer the following question:

How would you use DefenseWall Personal Firewall?
  • You are allowed to participate with one post and one account.
    • Having multiple accounts on our forum is against our rules and will disqualify you;
    • Posting multiple times inside the thread is not allowed. If you want to discuss or ask questions about this Giveaway use the DefenseWall Giveaway Discussion thread.
      Note: If you are a new member, your message might need to be approved by a moderator. Please wait for it to be approved.
  • On the last day of the Giveaway the winners will be chosen randomly inside our Chat Room. The time will be announced (probably 6 PM GMT) and any member can assist if he/she wants too.

1. To participate in the Twitter giveaway:
  • Make sure you follow @malwaretipscom on Twitter.
  • On the first day of the Giveaway we will tweet a message about it using our @malwaretipscom Twitter account.
  • Re-tweet this Twitter message to participate.
  • Once we have a sufficient number of re-tweets (maybe 10) we will choose the winner randomly.

So on Twitter the giveaway might end sooner. Make sure you stay tuned.

You are allowed to participate both on Twitter and on the forum to increase your chances. However you can win only one license. Please don't enter the competition if you already have a Defensewall Personal Firewall license and keep in mind thet the software works only on 32bit versions of Windows. When we will announce the winners (we will send a private message to all the winners), you have 7 days to get in touch with us:
  • Twitter winner: send @malwaretipscom a PM.
  • Forum winners: send Jack a PM.

Good Luck!

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

using on my old machine for more protect my old machine even is old, i still need it, really appreciate with my old machine, it help me and i use it for 3 years :)

*hope i can win :)

V

Vextor

I want to enter the contest. I like HIPS products. By the way, if I win, can I give it away (I know again) but as part of a contest?

win7holic said:

using on my old machine for more protect my old machine even is old, i still need it, really appreciate with my old machine, it help me and i use it for 3 years :)

*hope i can win :)

You would use it as a HIPS products (basicially the Defense+ of COMODO)

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
I don't know if you can give your license to someone else. It will be registered to you (Winners will give us their name & e-mail so SoftSphere Technologies can create licenses - that's their request)

Anyway, If you want to participate, please answer the question.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
How Would I use DefenseWall Personal Firewall?

I will keep my answer as simple as it can be,
I will use it to keep me more secure as possible, ;)

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
This program is a great one. If a user learns it well before installing it,
the experience of using it will be a delight. When I used it, there were
almost no pop ups, it was a (almost) install and forget applications.
One of the keys for using the program is learning to differentiate
between trusted and untrusted applications and how they affect
the system.

Bo

If I am one of the lucky winners, I ll use DefenseWall as I did in
the past when I used version 2.56.
I ll use it along Sandboxie, making a team of both programs,
always surfing and opening my OE sandboxed(SBIE), but letting
DefenseWall handle the files, keeping them untrusted until I
delete them or decide to keep them and change their status
to trusted. Thats basically what I ll do.

Bo

V

Vextor

bogdan said:
I don't know if you can give your license to someone else. It will be registered to you (Winners will give us their name & e-mail so SoftSphere Technologies can create licenses - that's their request)

Ok, so if it's like that, could I please withdraw my request for the Software.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
bbbbweb said:
bogdan said:

Ok, so if it's like that, could I please withdraw my request for the Software.
Is this on the forum or on twitter?

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I want to join in! The reason I want this is because I've heard some nice things about DefenseWall and I'm curious about how it works, so I would really like to use this on my laptop for extra protection :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Well for one I would use it by putting it on my motheres computer because she has not antivirus and no firewall or anything. She thinks that having one might slow down her computer and when I offer to put a antivirus on she says no. So If I win this I will be putting it on my mothers computer.

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
How would I use DefenseWall?

It would most likely be installed on the machine my parents use the most. They don't want to switch from IE and it would be easy to teach them to use. I own a life time license to v2.56 and I am a huge DW fan, if what I have heard about v3 being as simple as v2.56 they will really like the product.

(Just a note to everyone who entered: This is an amazing product, if you win you will truly enjoy it :D )

acuariano

May 16, 2011
Great giveaway..i used this before but my license expire already..
Defensewall is a great security program,you can browse with confidence...
Thnals MalwareTips for this opportunity..

Pafborg

Level 1
May 13, 2011
Hey Bogdan, thank you very much for the review and the giveaway. I know I can not participate because I don't have 3 posts, so I will try my luck on twitter :).
BTW, I've shared here http://www.raymond.cc/forum/personal-giveaways/28279-defensewall-personal-firewall-giveaway-6-licenses-5-1-a.html#post245415
Best regards.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Pafborg said:
Hey Bogdan, thank you very much for the review and the giveaway. I know I can not participate because I don't have 3 posts, so I will try my luck on twitter :).
BTW, I've shared here http://www.raymond.cc/forum/personal-giveaways/28279-defensewall-personal-firewall-giveaway-6-licenses-5-1-a.html#post245415
Best regards.
Hello Pafborg,
You now have 1 post :) ..You just need 2 more until 5 June 2011 and you can also join our forum giveaway.
Good luck and welcome aboard!

Pafborg

Level 1
May 13, 2011
I've never tried this product, but some security experts I trust says it's a very good program to increase safety. So, I would try to use DefenseWall Personal Firewall along with my AV. As I'm using Avira Premium Security Suite, I would have to see if it goes well with DPF. But one thing for sure is that if I win I will install it on my desktop and laptop. I would appreciate if you could count me in.

amazingAG

Jun 1, 2011
I have always preferred security suits rather than a standalone antivirus + firewall, reason is it just eliminates the issue of compatibility and hassles to search for a good and appropriate product.
But i have heard many good things about this firewall so i would like to try it definitely. I would appreciate if you can count me for the draw.

pss0612

May 13, 2011
Again, I am pleasantly surprised DefenseWall contest.:)
So if you pulled out a program in which I care from Sandboxie, DefenseWal is able to detect its potential destructive. There is, of force must secure devices to the ports of the computer, DefenseWal system is better than the Defender. I think it would be a good complement for my Awast.:big_boss:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=206421332726979&id=100002335892204
https://twitter.com/#!/pss0612/status/76379916005933056

stevan4

Jun 2, 2011
First, thanks for the giveaway.
I would use DefenseWall as a replacement for my security setup.
I like it's isolation/virtualization approach aided with HIPS module.
I've used DW's trial version and I was very satisfied.
DefenseWall scored excellent at MRG tests - one more reason to like it.

I would really like to win! I will prey...
Greetings.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
"How would you use DefenseWall Personal Firewall?"

CIS might be causing some trouble on my computer. Maybe DefenseWall can be a replacement.

May 27, 2011

I will use defensewall for better protection against all those bad guys (malware).Defensewall Hips is one of the best security apps,strong and easy to use.
Thanks for giveaway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.