AV Test MalwareTips - ESET Report - November 2016

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Lately, I think Eset detection in here has fallen, and Kaspersky detection has risen :rolleyes:

Adz.

Level 2
ESET detection has fallen, what's going on here. I feel like moving to Emsisoft but i'll wait until further updates.

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
@Adz.: Each AV's have own struggles on which threats should be detected and everything rely on final backup option ---> HIPS/BB or whitelisting that deals of user interaction pop-up.

Information sometimes is limited and varies from region to region.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
@Adz.: Each AV's have own struggles on which threats should be detected and everything rely on final backup option ---> HIPS/BB or whitelisting that deals of user interaction pop-up.

Information sometimes is limited and varies from region to region.
Do you also mean that samples posted here in MT are not that representative of the real threat scene?

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
@Nikos751: What I'm trying to say is that AV's way to gather information are difficult, since the threat nowadays are smart enough to hide like in polymorphic algorithm/obfuscation. :)

Samples on MT and other organization must be representative of the real threat scene and AV's should perform more extensive effort.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
@Nikos751: What I'm trying to say is that AV's way to gather information are difficult, since the threat nowadays are smart enough to hide like in polymorphic algorithm/obfuscation. :)

Samples on MT and other organization must be representative of the real threat scene and AV's should perform more extensive effort.
great explanation. thanks :)