Malware Hub Report MalwareTips - ESET Report - November 2016

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Due to the small number of samples used in these tests, you should take results with a grain of salt. We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.​
Eset Smart Security November 2016-page-001.jpg
Eset Smart Security November 2016-page-002.jpg

PDF

All credits to @omidomi

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Lately, I think Eset detection in here has fallen, and Kaspersky detection has risen :rolleyes:

Adz.

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2016
ESET detection has fallen, what's going on here. I feel like moving to Emsisoft but i'll wait until further updates.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Adz.: Each AV's have own struggles on which threats should be detected and everything rely on final backup option ---> HIPS/BB or whitelisting that deals of user interaction pop-up.

Information sometimes is limited and varies from region to region.

Reactions: Adz. and Nikos751

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
@Adz.: Each AV's have own struggles on which threats should be detected and everything rely on final backup option ---> HIPS/BB or whitelisting that deals of user interaction pop-up.

Information sometimes is limited and varies from region to region.
Do you also mean that samples posted here in MT are not that representative of the real threat scene?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Nikos751: What I'm trying to say is that AV's way to gather information are difficult, since the threat nowadays are smart enough to hide like in polymorphic algorithm/obfuscation. :)

Samples on MT and other organization must be representative of the real threat scene and AV's should perform more extensive effort.

Reactions: Nikos751

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
@Nikos751: What I'm trying to say is that AV's way to gather information are difficult, since the threat nowadays are smart enough to hide like in polymorphic algorithm/obfuscation. :)

Samples on MT and other organization must be representative of the real threat scene and AV's should perform more extensive effort.
great explanation. thanks :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.