- WOT (Web Of Trust)
- Adblock Plus
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Ghostery
- Lastpass ( + Yubikey)
- Xmarks

Backup:
Terabyte Unlimited: Image for Windows

HIPS I tried (Comodo + OA) to much questions. Not a super big deal for me but it is for my family members.
I do download via Newsgroups but I'm carefull and watching for fake posts. Still I could slip one day. So EAM + Windows firewall and some common sense.

P

Plexx

Seems a decent config.

May I ask if the system you use is shared always by your family members or occasionally?

You may consider using Sandboxie or Bufferzone Pro.

As for Windows 7 firewall, you may take advantage of Tinywall (Overview done by me).

maniac2003

Level 2
Thread author
Sep 20, 2012
Well I have a system for myself (posted config)
The 2 other systems are fairly simmilar regarding setup.

'Family pc':
No ghostery

My brothers pc:
Microsoft AV
No ghostery

Already bought licenses for EAM for all systems.
Ghostery should be on the other systems too, will try and see if I hear any complaints.

I will look into the options you mentioned. Played with Sandboxie a long time ago.
Thanks for the comments -> heading to youtube to see your review.....

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great config. Nice and secure. Plus it's great to see you have a backup option ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.