Troubleshoot MAPI eror when I try to send an email with a third-party application

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
When I try to send an email with a third-party application, I get an error message every time: "MAPI error".
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I verified that Outlook 2013 is my default mail application
Hello
When I try to send an email with a third-party application, I get an error message every time: "MAPI error".
My default mail application is Outlook 2013.
Can you help me ?
MAPI.PNG

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello
My default mail application is Outlook 2013.
Can you help me ?
View attachment 189050
It looks like you might have a security program that is blocking Outlook from loading the dll that it needs. Just a guess. Try with all security programs disabled, and see what happens.

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
It looks like you might have a security program that is blocking Outlook from loading the dll that it needs. Just a guess. Try with all security programs disabled, and see what happens.[/
Thanks @shmu26 :)
Sorry for the delay.
I tried to disable my security program but I still have the same issue:(

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
If the value does not exist, create it: right click in that key to create DWORD value "MaximumAttachmentSize" with "5000" or run this in CMD:
Code:
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v "MaximumAttachmentSize" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "5000" /f

Reactions: Yellowing and JB007
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
If the value does not exist, create it: right click in that key to create DWORD value "MaximumAttachmentSize" with "5000" or run this in CMD:
Code:
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences" /v "MaximumAttachmentSize" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "5000" /f
Thanks @TairikuOkami for your help:)
My issue is not with Word, I can sent mail with Word.
Do you think That your code can work for another software ?

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
After some exchanges with the friendly ChessBase support and some unsuccessful tries, the solution was found, very simple !
There is an Outlook's update...
Outlook 2013 (1).PNG
Outlook 2013 (2).PNG

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for reporting back about the solution.
So that's a good lesson for us all. Sometimes, a problem can be solved simply by updating our software. Thanks.
For most of us long-time MalwareTips forum members, updating software is such an instinctive and basic thing that we didn't even think of suggesting it...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.