Windows Backup

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I think you dont need privacy badger or no coin with right ublock filterlists, waiting some advanced user to post their opinions

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Marac: please kindly don't create a new configuration thread, next time please edit the previous one with the new changes, and announce them in a post, thanks :)

Reactions: Marac

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
First thing which is important:
- Set UAC to always notify

Things to add or you could add:
  • Change default search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo, Startpage or searx.me
  • Add Zemana Anti Malware & Emsisoft Emergency Kit as second opinion scanners
  • Change Privacy Badger to Privacy Possum
  • Use these Chrome extensions: Scriptsafe & Decentraleyes
As you're using Windows Defender you could add VoodooShield & OSArmor to your config. The best setup I've found thus far.

Thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
First thing which is important:
- Set UAC to always notify

Things to add or you could add:
  • Change default search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo, Startpage or searx.me
  • Add Zemana Anti Malware & Emsisoft Emergency Kit as second opinion scanners
  • Change Privacy Badger to Privacy Possum
  • Use these Chrome extensions: Scriptsafe & Decentraleyes
As you're using Windows Defender you could add VoodooShield & OSArmor to your config. The best setup I've found thus far.

Thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

+1! I would also add: @Andy Ful's ConfigureDefender which allows you to take full advantage of WD. Note that if you do you will want to deactivate Controlled Folder Access since CF serves same purpose. Switch out uBO for Nano Adblocker and use in Advanced User Mode (Block 3rd Party Scripts & Frames) - and you could add a couple of filters like Steven Black's Host List in case a site breaks. If you can't un-break in AUM you may then change to default. Nano Adblocker is based on uBO but more developed > stronger. If Oldschool can do it, anyone can do it! Also, have you tried Edge? I like it more and more myself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.