Advice Request Marketing Sign-up during Registration

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

You really do not tell people to 'learn to read' At least that is if you have manners of any kind. I do sometimes think if the quick snappy rude replies on forums would occur if you were in the same room as the recipient, I think not. People can say what they wish, but it does show the sort of person you are dealing with who speak to others like frankly like dirt. Oh & I've been using forums since day one.
1- this thread is all about reading the installer steps.
Sadly most people just look/overlook and don't read, they happy click and then whine. So yes "learn to read".

2- if i was in the same room, I will even be harsher, here i have to sweeten my words to follow the rules. I don't like when people whine/bash when all was about their mistake or lack of attention.

3- Being rude and direct has more impact than being sweet, people remember better when they are emotionally shocked,so i dont have to waste too much time on the topic. I have been here as member then mod, since years. Most members here know me, they don't complain. And if i offended the inner child of some, they are free to click the "ignore" button.

Last edited by a moderator:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I think we are genetically programmed to tune out the fine print and details. The TOS of so many software are so boring and long and frequently don't make sense. It overlaps into any terms regarding the installation of software. Many times, I think this is by design. The tricky maker says "hey, it's in the print, don't you read it? Not my problem." Yeah, now you tell me. It's a grey area. Besides, we want our stuff now, no additional crap to read.

I'm often one of those people. These are dynamics that, right or wrong, are extremely difficult if not impossible to change. So...what's your name? Prometheus? I'd never ignore you, Umbra, by the way. You're too interesting. :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.